Mastery of illegal moves in PLA

Josanity

I've been searching for it but I have only found flags for mastery for moves that a pokemon can learn (via level-up/move tutor). 

However for moves that are not (e.g. Roar of time on a Pokémon not Dialga). I cannot find flags for it. 

I get why this is not possible but would like to clarify my question. 

Mastery is not available for moves that a pokemon should not have been able to learn in the first place.

E.g. A sneasler should have mastered dire claw at level 20. 

But I put dire claw on a level 36 decidueye and it has no mastery (because it cannot learn dire claw in the first place). 

I will be waiting if this will be available in the future. Thanks! 

You can have one illegal move in a "mastered" state by selecting it in the Alpha mastered option, regardless of if the mon in question is actually an Alpha. This surprisingly works on moves not available from the move shop or even in the natural learnset of the mon as well, so I definitely think there's something aside from the base level-up mastery and move shop flags that can trigger the "mastered" state. Needs more research.

Edited by 8bitsoda
  • Amazed 1

4 hours ago, 8bitsoda said:

You can have one illegal move in a "mastered" state by selecting it in the Alpha mastered option, regardless of if the mon in question is actually an Alpha. This surprisingly works on moves not available from the move shop or even in the natural learnset of the mon as well, so I definitely think there's something aside from the base level-up mastery and move shop flags that can trigger the "mastered" state. Needs more research.

If @Kaphotics or anyone else has or finds info on how exactly this hidden flag interacts with the "Alpha mastered" option, whether it's possible to trigger multiple of said flags at once, and if so, how exactly to toggle them, I would greatly appreciate it if you could give me a shout. I'm dying of curiosity over here

Edited by 8bitsoda

I would do just that if I was trying to get something specific on a mon, but I'm mainly just curious on how this little interaction I found while messing around with PKHeX really works. Sorry if I'm asking the wrong questions in the wrong place, but this seemed like the most relevant post to ask. If it bothers you I'll move my question to the research thread.

Edited by 8bitsoda