Egg Met date vs. Mon met date

justatest90

Hello, I was editing a BDSP save and noticed my 'met as egg' date could be set to long after 'met date' - is this a problem? Or is the 'met date' about the original pokemon before breeding?

If it's about the actual mon, shouldn't there be an error if the met date' is before the 'egg met date'?

12 minutes ago, justatest90 said:

Hello, I was editing a BDSP save and noticed my 'met as egg' date could be set to long after 'met date' - is this a problem? Or is the 'met date' about the original pokemon before breeding?

If it's about the actual mon, shouldn't there be an error if the met date' is before the 'egg met date'?

Normally one would expect that the date the egg was received on should predate the date the Pokémon was met/the date when the egg hatched. But, in this case where the player is given control over their Switch’s current date the met/hatch date can come before the receive date because the date on the Switch may not be in sync with online. So now that is technically possible and PKHeX is functioning correctly by not throwing and error.

20 minutes ago, justatest90 said:

Thanks for that. I noticed in the settings there's a "shady" option - which I've never seen checking validity. Is there a way to make such a thing 'shady'?

I don't know what you mean by a "shady option"? I've looked through the legality tab in settings and I don't see anything called "shady".

9 hours ago, justatest90 said:

Sorry - "fishy" (I was going from memory)

I thought maybe you meant that, but wasn’t sure.

11 hours ago, justatest90 said:

Thanks for that. I noticed in the settings there's a "shady" option - which I've never seen checking validity. Is there a way to make such a thing 'shady'?

Unless it’s programmed in the answer is no. Personally I don’t see a reason why this should be fishy considering it’s something that could easily happen when people are doing the day skip trick in SwSh or doing RNG abuse with eggs in BW (I’ve done that a few time).