Pokémon stored in and retrieved from Pokémon Bank show illegal status

bronk4

Hello guys

So I was just now able to backup my Omega Ruby cartridge file. I then opened it on PKHeX and, to my surprise, a bunch of illegal notifications pop up.

It is surprising for a couple of reasons: I only ever traded on reddit.com/r/pokemontrades, and for a while I was an active (and honest) user of the page.

Does any of this have anything to do with sending in and retrieving from Pokémon Bank?

Even a Kyogre that was legitimately captured shows stuff like invalid Relearn Move 1 through 4 and Encryption Constant matches PID.

Pokémon that were never put in Bank don't seem to have any of these issues. Not in any of the 3 saves I backed up (OR, X and Y).

Thanks in advance!

Captura de tela 2022-01-11 232552.jpg

1 hour ago, bronk4 said:

Hello guys

So I was just now able to backup my Omega Ruby cartridge file. I then opened it on PKHeX and, to my surprise, a bunch of illegal notifications pop up.

It is surprising for a couple of reasons: I only ever traded on reddit.com/r/pokemontrades, and for a while I was an active (and honest) user of the page.

Does any of this have anything to do with sending in and retrieving from Pokémon Bank?

Even a Kyogre that was legitimately captured shows stuff like invalid Relearn Move 1 through 4 and Encryption Constant matches PID.

Pokémon that were never put in Bank don't seem to have any of these issues. Not in any of the 3 saves I backed up (OR, X and Y).

Thanks in advance!

Without the saves being uploaded or the specific Pokémon being uploaded to the thread it’s hard to say what might be the issue and the supplied screen shot doesn’t tell a lot without the being able to see the moves on the Bulbasaur. However, you did say you got many of these Pokémon through trades online and even though you claim you’re being honest doesn’t mean others are honest. From your description, the issue is many of these Pokémon are probably hacked and the trader was trying to pass them off as legit. As for the Bank issue I personally haven’t had any issues with Pokémon being deposited as legal and then being withdrawn as illegal.

Hi Poke J!

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the uploaded save that I'm talking about.

You might be right about other users hacking Pokémon and passing off as legit. I was probably being too naive about it.

Thanks for your help anyway

main

3 hours ago, bronk4 said:

Hi Poke J!

Thanks for the reply.

Here is the uploaded save that I'm talking about.

You might be right about other users hacking Pokémon and passing off as legit. I was probably being too naive about it.

Thanks for your help anyway

Thanks, I took a look through the save I made sure to look at the Bulbasaur from the picture, the Kyoger you mentioned, and a random sample of flagged Pokémon. The Bulbasaur issue is indeed outlined in the error message where the proper re learn moves were not added. The Kyoger on the other hand I have a hard time believing it was legitimately caught considering that it has re learn moves filled in, but it's not the moves it would know in Alpha Sapphire (also AS does not fill in re learn moves for the Kyoger encounter) its just an assortment of moves that it can learn which leads me to believe that the Kyoger was tampered with at some point or edited to try and make it appear to be the AS Kyoger. As for the Pokémon Bank claim that withdrawing the Pokémon made them illegal I don't think is accurate. All of the randomly sampled Pokémon had the same OT, ID, and SID and where all illegal in the same way with egg re learn moves missing. If Bank was glitching when you got them I would expect various types of corruption and not each Pokémon being corrupted in the same way. Which again leads me to believe that these Pokémon were not edited correctly be someone.

Thanks for taking the time to look into the file!

Well, this is all very strange to me. I was looking carefully at the Pókemon, and most of the ones that have been marked illegal have my name as the OT. Which is very strange, because I didn't breed all of them. A lot of these are direct trades that I just threw in the box. I never tempered with these Pokémon, never edited them (I also didn't even have the means to up until two days ago, when I homebrewed my 3DS).

Well... too bad then. Guess most of these aren't good for much then...

Thanks Poke J!