Is it not possible to use PKHeX with an OFW Switch?

Noxillio

I just got Brilliant Diamond and I'm looking to max IV's and import some mystery gifts. I play on an OFW Switch. Am I just completely out of luck? I used to do this a lot on 3DS but obviously back in the day that was a lot different, and easier.

I do have another Switch, which is on CFW, so if I absolutely have to use that then I'm willing to give it a shot. I'd just prefer not to, in order to minimize ban risk. Yes, I know, there will always be *some* ban risk, no matter how small, but minimizing it is always better than not.

Is there no way for me to use PKHeX?

Also, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate it :)

Edited by Noxillio

7 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

A CFW Switch is required to extract and inject save files. If you don’t have that, the next best thing is to get a Sysbot to trade the mon with you. You should be able to google about Sysbots. :3

So, there'd be no way for me to transfer the save to my CFW Switch and export it from there?
(The CFW Switch is console banned by Nintendo)

Edited by Noxillio

If you have the game on your CFW switch then you could trade the Pokemon over to that from your OFW Switch.

Dump the save on the CFW Switch with your Pokemon, edit whatever you intend to, restore the save and trade the Pokemon back over to the OFW Switch.

That is probably the safest way to do anything as your OFW switch remains 100% unhacked.

Both Switch consoles will need to be on the same game update to trade, however you can sync updates to a banned Switch over local WiFi, just keep in mind i'm pretty sure this will also update the system software on the banned Switch, so it would be ideal to be running the latest version of Atmosphere before doing this. Or just download the NSP of the 1.1.3 update to the CFW Switch so the game versions on both consoles match.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Hmm? Even if the device is banned, it can still use homebrew and extract and restore a save.

The difficulties you would face would be to officially update the game revisions; the games usually update save revisions too, and can't use a 'lower revision' same.

Revisions? Like every time I save the game it increments?

4 hours ago, InsaneNutter said:

If you have the game on your CFW switch then you could trade the Pokemon over to that from your OFW Switch.

Dump the save on the CFW Switch with your Pokemon, edit whatever you intend to, restore the save and trade the Pokemon back over to the OFW Switch.

That is probably the safest way to do anything as your OFW switch remains 100% unhacked.

Both Switch consoles will need to be on the same game update to trade, however you can sync updates to a banned Switch over local WiFi, just keep in mind i'm pretty sure this will also update the system software on the banned Switch, so it would be ideal to be running the latest version of Atmosphere before doing this. Or just download the NSP of the 1.1.3 update to the CFW Switch so the game versions on both consoles match.

I'd be okay with this but then I'd be going without the ability to add wonder cards and such. If I local trade with a banned console or anything like that, does it not get logged that I communicated with a banned console?

3 hours ago, Noxillio said:

Revisions? Like every time I save the game it increments?

No, like game versions. V1.0.0, V1.1.0 etc.

3 hours ago, Noxillio said:

I'd be okay with this but then I'd be going without the ability to add wonder cards and such. If I local trade with a banned console or anything like that, does it not get logged that I communicated with a banned console?

You can't add wonder cards anyway. since LGPE, wonder cards aren't stored in saves.