Legal New Moon Island Darkrai (Platinum) - No Fateful Encounter Flag?

steelclash

Hey all,

I have successfully attempted to create a Darkrai and Shaymin from the event items distributed in Platinum (as I never was able to get them back in the old days).  I even opted to set the Met Date to something realistic based on a Gen V poke transfer.

I have a question regarding Darkrai, however.  It appears that a legal Darkrai DOES NOT have a fateful encounter flag checked, however Shaymin DOES have the flag checked.  I am a bit confused on this as both Pokemon are encountered in an extremely similar way with an event item distribution.  I apologize in advance if this topic was already covered, but I tried searching a few times (new to using this site but was lurking previously) and came up with nothing.

I spent some time tinkering with Darkrai until I decided to take off the fateful encounter flag, and then it was validated as legal.  Both Pokemon had no problem going from Ultra Sun to Pokebank, nor from Pokebank to Home so I am assuming that this is correct.  I am using a 2DS with CFW and Checkpoint to move saves back and forth, if that helps.

Screenshots for reference.  I could upload the actual pokemon files as well, but everything else is kind of irrelevant as the PID/Nature/IV was all correctly calculated using PokeFinder with TID/SID.

darkraiencounter - Copy.jpg

shayminencounter - Copy.jpg

13 minutes ago, Kaphotics said:

Wow, that's so odd.  Thanks for the quick reply!  Now I'm just perplexed as to why some Pokemon get the Fateful Encounter flag and some do not.  I guess Nintendo isn't perfect and forgot a few checkboxes here and there.

I don't know how to close the topic, but my question is answered.