unsupported save file pokemon white 2

FNK98

Hey guys, I've been playing Pokémon white 2 on my phone through drastic over the past week while using pkhex. Every time I used pkhex everything would be fine but after using it tonight when I loaded the game it would show new game. when I tried opening the save file on pkhex it gave me an error saying unsupported file size. I was hoping someone can help me fix this as I don't have any backup saves of my game. thanks in advance.

5 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

I don't know if it's due to your settings on the emulator, but it's not a proper save file that PKHeX can read.

It's the same save file I've been using all week, it just stopped working out of the blue last night. And I haven't changed the settings in drastic. I did just install windows 11 yesterday, could that have caused the problem?

4 minutes ago, FNK98 said:

It's the same save file I've been using all week, it just stopped working out of the blue last night. And I haven't changed the settings in drastic. I did just install windows 11 yesterday, could that have caused the problem?

No clue what the problem is. However, what I can say, is that file isn't something that PKHeX can read.

6 minutes ago, FNK98 said:

So there's nothing that can be done then, can't I manually add or remove the missing or extra byte from the file?

the file looks like complete garbage. You said you were on Drastic right? Perhaps find a proper Drastic Pokemon White 2 save, then we can compare and see if it's meant to look like that.

14 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

the file looks like complete garbage. You said you were on Drastic right? Perhaps find a proper Drastic Pokemon White 2 save, then we can compare and see if it's meant to look like that.

here is a fresh new save, again I really appreciate the help.

Pokemon White 2.dsv

7 minutes ago, FNK98 said:

here is a fresh new save, again I really appreciate the help.

Pokemon White 2.dsv 512.12 kB · 0 downloads

image.png

As you can see, on the right, it is a copy of your fresh save, the data neatly spread out, and in this example, you can see the start of the file contains box names.
Now on the left, you can see garbled nonsense, with no proper delineation of the various data fields.

I'm sorry to say, but whatever it is, that old file of yours isn't a save, and nothing can be grabbed/salvaged from it.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

As you can see, on the right, it is a copy of your fresh save, the data neatly spread out, and in this example, you can see the start of the file contains box names.
Now on the left, you can see garbled nonsense, with no proper delineation of the various data fields.

I'm sorry to say, but whatever it is, that old file of yours isn't a save, and nothing can be grabbed/salvaged from it.

I guess I'll take a break before starting over, thanks for all the support tho!