PKHeX being unresponsive upon opening on MacOS Catalina

al3xl0p3s

So I previously posted this under the wrong topic..... so that's my bad, but I was still wondering if anyone has any solutions. I should probably add that it used to work fine on my Mac when I was using the Crossover free trial but after I bought complete Crossover 21 software it started becoming unresponsive.

"I'm not sure if I'm typing this in the right section as this is my first post, but I have been trying to use PKHeX on my Mac these past two days and no matter what I seem to do the best I can manage is getting the app to open only for the entirety of the app being unresponsive and forcing me to force quit out of the application. I am using Mac OS Catalina so I have been using CrossOver to use PKHeX. I have a bottle for PKHeX that has the latest version of Microsoft .NET and the bottle is Windows 7. I was wondering if anyone knew how to resolve this issue as I couldn't really find any solutions to this particular problem or if anyone knows of any other applications that can perform the same kind of EV/IV checking software that PKHeX has? 

Thanks"

Again thank you to anyone who responds!

Edited by al3xl0p3s

5 hours ago, al3xl0p3s said:

I figured out..... Let me know if anyone has a similar issue

Is it possible that you just.. state what proposed solution you have?

After all, this is a forum. The post you leave behind might be up for years, and there's no guarantee you'll be around for years.
By the time someone reaches out to you, you may not even be browsing our forum anymore..

18 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

Is it possible that you just.. state what proposed solution you have?

After all, this is a forum. The post you leave behind might be up for years, and there's no guarantee you'll be around for years.
By the time someone reaches out to you, you may not even be browsing our forum anymore..

Sorry lol..... Not used to forums so the thought didn't occur to me, apologies.

Basically my original method to using PKHeX with Crossover on Mac Catalina before I bought the full version was detailed in the second reply of this page here: https://projectpokemon.org/home/forums/topic/40026-pkhex-for-mac/?do=findComment&comment=253654. So when I got the full version and tried again PKHeX became very unresponsive and I wasn't sure why. (Side note: I still don't know if it was because I bought the full version of Crossover after the newest PKHeX update and something with the new update messed with my old method or if it had something to do with getting the full version of Crossover.) So, as time passed I didn't think anyone would have an answer to my problem as it seemed too specific and the forums didn't really have anything on it, I got to just messing around on Crossover. I found that if I created a bottle that was created with Windows 10 instead of Windows 7 and I didn't install Microsoft .NET or any other software PKHeX would run. 

A simplified instruction would look like the following:

Create a bottle and name it "PKHeX" and make sure that the Bottle Type is Windows 10. With that out of the way, download the PKHeX zip from this forum, extract the zip, and move your new PKHeX.exe app into the C-Drive of your bottle (To access the C-Drive just double click on the bottle and there should be an option for it). Then, finally, press "Run Command" and click the "Browse" button. Select "PKHeX.exe" and then just press "Run" and PKHeX should fire up.

Somethings to note, however, is that:

1. For whatever reason with this current method I cannot seem to export my sets to the Clipboard. The issue has something to do with the text not setting onto the Clipboard

(Side Note: I would greatly appreciate any help with this and i could post my error messages or anything to help someone but because of this problem I cannot input my Pokémon into the Pokémon Showdown Calculator which is something that's really helping me with my Pokémon X Nuzlocke)

2. I cannot save the command as a launcher for whatever reason

(Side note: not as big of a deal but I just like having an app running that says PKHeX as opposed to wine32on64-preloader but I can get over this ) 

• Like 1