can i play pokemon sword online with edited save files?

onakaxy

Can i edit my pokemon sword save file on my sysnand and still play online? And if so how do i do it?

I have been using PKhex back and forth for all my pokemon games all the way back from Gen 3 in order to unlock events that can not be done in todays time.
But when it comes to the switch, modding seams way more complicated then it is on the 3ds.
I have 2 separate nands, 1 Clean sysnand with the intent to play online. And a emuNAND for the intent of modding and backing up my pokemon save files.
Can i backup my pokemon sword save on my Sysnand, edit it (i intend to unlock events which can't be done anymore, nothing else) and reinsert it on the sysnand? Or will that ban my switch?
And can my pokemons on the edited save be sent to pokemon home? Or will that get banned to?

I also started my sword save on my emuNand thinking it was saved on the cart like the older games. Can i move that save to my sysnand (Its unedited) or will that ban me aswell?

If all this is possible, how do i do it? Looked for hours online but i never find a straight answer. Or answers from 2019 which i feel might not be correct anymore

3 minutes ago, onakaxy said:

Can i edit my pokemon sword save file on my sysnand and still play online? And if so how do i do it?

Have CFW on your Sysnand. Don't pirate or load other crap onto you sysnand.

My device is CFW Sysnand and it's been fine. If you do things right, it'll probably be fine.

Don't we don't want people cheating online, so just keep that in mind.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Don't we don't want people cheating online, so just keep that in mind.

im 100% with you guys on this. I have no intrest in getting a advantage online that can not be done in a unmodded game.

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Have CFW on your Sysnand. Don't pirate or load other crap onto you sysnand.

I have a EmuNand and a backup of my stocksysnand taken before i made my emunand. Is there a guide to make said cfw on my sysnand in a safe mannor? 
Atm i use autoRCM to boot into hekate. If i mod my sysnand with cfw can i still go online? i do still want to get the DLCs for sword and shield and be able to trade online. Is that possible if you have atmosphere on the sysnand?
And if so, is there any good guide for this? Or will https://switch.homebrew.guide work for this aswell?

7 minutes ago, onakaxy said:

im 100% with you guys on this. I have no intrest in getting a advantage online that can not be done in a unmodded game.

I have a EmuNand and a backup of my stocksysnand taken before i made my emunand. Is there a guide to make said cfw on my sysnand in a safe mannor? 
Atm i use autoRCM to boot into hekate. If i mod my sysnand with cfw can i still go online? i do still want to get the DLCs for sword and shield and be able to trade online. Is that possible if you have atmosphere on the sysnand?
And if so, is there any good guide for this? Or will https://switch.homebrew.guide work for this aswell?

I basically followed the guide and skipped the EmuMMC installation portion.
There should be an option there to specifically get CFW on Sysnand.

And I don't see why you're asking if you can still go online on CFW on Sysnand. I literally said that's what I'm doing. I use the e-shop, have the DLC, do online wild area battles and everything. I can't give you any more confirmation than that.

In reality, all I think you need to do is transfer you saves over to Sysnand, back up your Emunand partition, then fully format your SD card (to wipe the emunand partition). Alternatively, if you're using Hekate bootloader, it should give you an option to boot straight into Sysnand with CFW.

Then, go ahead and update your games, download the DLC, before going online.

In any case, all this will be at your own risk.