I’m getting this error: Attempted to load an unsupported file type/size

Basic718

Whenever I am trying to upload my Alpha Sapphire game save (I play on a 3ds) it just says attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. I have browsed through other situations like mine but everyone seems to be using Citra. How can I fix this.

1 hour ago, Basic718 said:

Whenever I am trying to upload my Alpha Sapphire game save (I play on a 3ds) it just says attempted to load an unsupported file type/size. I have browsed through other situations like mine but everyone seems to be using Citra. How can I fix this.

where did you get the save file from?

Is it from your SD folders, and named 00000001.sav?

I used both JKSV and Checkpoint to obtain my main file and tried editing it - no luck. It keeps saying "Input file is too large." and then "File Size: 2904571 bytes". Is that abnormally large? If not, I'm curious what else could be the issue. Maybe I've done something in my game that PKHeX doesn't support yet?

41 minutes ago, flaming.brockoli said:

I used both JKSV and Checkpoint to obtain my main file and tried editing it - no luck. It keeps saying "Input file is too large." and then "File Size: 2904571 bytes". Is that abnormally large? If not, I'm curious what else could be the issue. Maybe I've done something in my game that PKHeX doesn't support yet?

For this save, what progress have you made in the game? Also, what game's save were you trying to grab?

On 8/27/2021 at 2:31 PM, theSLAYER said:

How are you booting into Sysnand and EmuMMC?

Also, upload the dumped save file here. I wanna take a look.

I start hekate using a 3D printed piece for grounding the pins along with the Vol + and Power combo. Using the hekate_<whatever>.bin file for the injection from my Android on that NS/NXloader app or whatever its called. I then use Launch to start either the emuMMC or sysnand.

main file is attached.

main

35 minutes ago, flaming.brockoli said:

I start hekate using a 3D printed piece for grounding the pins along with the Vol + and Power combo. Using the hekate_<whatever>.bin file for the injection from my Android on that NS/NXloader app or whatever its called. I then use Launch to start either the emuMMC or sysnand.

main file is attached.

main 2.77 MB · 0 downloads

your save is too big. it doesn't even look like a proper save, it just cuts of randomly.

One other thing I would like you to try, is launch the game, go past the continue screen, then launch EdiZon (while the game is launched), then dump the save from there. What happens?

Also, quick question, how are you transferring the save to your PC?

Looking at your save in hex,
image.png

The does seem to have a proper header (at least the copies I own have that same value infront).
And while it's normal for SWSH saves to look like junk cause they're encrypted, I don't think the values BF BD is supposed to appear that frequently. It's like appearing, every other other byte.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:52 AM, theSLAYER said:

your save is too big. it doesn't even look like a proper save, it just cuts of randomly.

One other thing I would like you to try, is launch the game, go past the continue screen, then launch EdiZon (while the game is launched), then dump the save from there. What happens?

Also, quick question, how are you transferring the save to your PC?

Looking at your save in hex,
image.png

The does seem to have a proper header (at least the copies I own have that same value infront).
And while it's normal for SWSH saves to look like junk cause they're encrypted, I don't think the values BF BD is supposed to appear that frequently. It's like appearing, every other other byte.

Huh. Weird. Wonder what's causing all those.

I got EdiZon up and running, but I'm not sure if I dumped the save 100% right. Did a default search while the game was running (nothing of note happened doing that) and this is what I got. Let me know if I need to do something different, was a bit lost on how to navigate that app. Adding the metadata from EdiZon just in case.

And I'm transferring back and forth using my microSD. Probably should figure out how to do it wirelessly... but too lazy for now.

main edizon_save_metadata.json