Pokegen Crashes when I try to save the changes I made to my Diamond game on DeSmuME

Just now, DRElikeTHEdoctor said:

That's not a dsv.
That's a save state.

I don't think any save editors work with save states.
Which also probably mean you used Desmume's menu to save, instead of saving within the game.

Please save within the game twice, then try using the dsv in PKHeX (after you close the emulator).
The dsv should be in the Battery folder.

12 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

That's not a dsv.
That's a save state.

I don't think any save editors work with save states.
Which also probably mean you used Desmume's menu to save, instead of saving within the game.

Please save within the game twice, then try using the dsv in PKHeX (after you close the emulator).
The dsv should be in the Battery folder.

So I used the dsv in the battery folder and now pokegen doesn't crash when I save but it still doesn't make any actual changes when I reload my game. I also tried using PKHeX and it was able to load my save but again no changes were made to my game.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

@DRElikeTHEdoctor Did you export the edited save from PKHeX?

Close PKHeX. Now reopen PKHeX. Try loading the "supposedly edited" dsv back into the new window of PKHeX. Are your changes there?

I exported the save and just did as you said and in PKHeX it registers the changes made to my team but not in the actual game

1 minute ago, DRElikeTHEdoctor said:

I'm opening DeSmuME and pressing file and then load state from

don't do that. Just play the game normally, without loading any states.

The DSV is a save of the game, and when you start the game, the game loads the DSV into memory..
If you load any older states, you're forcing the emulator to load the state into memory. Which effectively force overwrites the memory.

So just try to load the game normally without save states, then let me know how it goes.

11 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

don't do that. Just play the game normally, without loading any states.

The DSV is a save of the game, and when you start the game, the game loads the DSV into memory..
If you load any older states, you're forcing the emulator to load the state into memory. Which effectively force overwrites the memory.

So just try to load the game normally without save states, then let me know how it goes.

So I saved the game in the actual game and then when I reloaded normally It brings me back to the start of the game even though it registers my saved data in the battery folder

2 minutes ago, DRElikeTHEdoctor said:

So I saved the game in the actual game and then when I reloaded normally It brings me back to the start of the game even though it registers my saved data in the battery folder

Okay try this.

1. Set this setting
image.png

2. Load your save from a save state.
3. Save in-game twice.
4. Close the emulator.
5. Load the dsv into PKHeX
6. Make changes in PKHeX.
7. Export the edited save from PKHeX, have it be named the same and be in the same spot as the original DSV (basically save over it)
8. Open the emulator, load the game, do not load any save states
9. Lemme know how it goes.

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Okay try this.

1. Set this setting
image.png

2. Load your save from a save state.
3. Save in-game twice.
4. Close the emulator.
5. Load the dsv into PKHeX
6. Make changes in PKHeX.
7. Export the edited save from PKHeX, have it be named the same and be in the same spot as the original DSV (basically save over it)
8. Open the emulator, load the game, do not load any save states
9. Lemme know how it goes.

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much for your help!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DRElikeTHEdoctor said:

IT WORKED!!! Thank you so much for your help!

so once the edited save is imported into your game, you can make a save state of that, and continue to use save states.

Just remember if you want to edit anything else, you gotta save in-game, load the dsv into PKHeX and then export from it, and not load save states while reloading the game (for that instance).