4th gen editing regarding wondercard events and hall of fame

nyarth

Hey so I started to edit my original old  DS game saves and I'm wondering how to 

(1) edit event mons correctly

(2) edit hall of fame entries

Problems:

(1)

I'm trying to edit Pokémon obtained by events since I didn`t care about natures back then. No problems in Gen 3 with Method 1 in RNG Reporter but I don't get the Wondercard IVs option. Let's say I want to edit my shiny Suicune, nature is already set so no problem that it doen't show me a nature but then what do I put in as PID and does it have to match a shiny combination? Then when editting Celebi or Darkrai and the nature matters how do I know which IVs are linked to what nature it's very confusing. 

(2)

I stumbled across this tutorial about gen 6 editing by searching for a hall of fame editor and it says you can edit entries with pkhex but thats not the case with gen 3 to 5 right? I downloaded ProjectPokemon Hall of Fame Extractor 1.3.7 in hope it does what I'm searching for but it doesn't accept my diamond .sav. It says Gen 7 is not supported. I get the feeling though the programm is not for what I'm trying to do but to extract Pokémon files from entries so I don't know. Question is can I edit my entries?

Edited by nyarth

9 minutes ago, nyarth said:

(1) edit event mons correctly

won't advise it. Events from Gen 3 might have very specific RNG relationships between OTG and origin game and the seed used to generate it all.

Gen 4 events likely have fixed PID, and may or may not have IV relationship.

So just not do it.

(Note, I'm only mentioning Gen 3 and Gen 4 cause you mentioned you have NDS carts)

(2) edit hall of fame entries

Depends if the app added editing for that specific generation.

You can inject mons for Gen 4.

I downloaded ProjectPokemon Hall of Fame Extractor 1.3.7 in hope it does what I'm searching for but it doesn't accept my diamond .sav.

what does it say? Upload the save here.

It says Gen 7 is not supported.

Pokemon Diamond is not Gen 7.

For Gen 7, you could just PKHeX.
image.png

I get the feeling though the programm is not for what I'm trying to do

You want to "edit your hall of fame entries" for Gen 4 right.

Just make the mons in PKHeX, get the pk4, then inject the pk4 into the app.

Resetting them is alright, tysm!

My problems with the Hall of Fame Extractor were solved, too. Thanks for making me try it again! I used NDS save converter to get .sav files from .dsv files (decided to play on openemu instead of cards from now on) but somehow the program read the diamond sav as gen7 game but when I changed the target format it worked.

9 hours ago, nyarth said:

Resetting them is alright, tysm!

My problems with the Hall of Fame Extractor were solved, too. Thanks for making me try it again! I used NDS save converter to get .sav files from .dsv files (decided to play on openemu instead of cards from now on) but somehow the program read the diamond sav as gen7 game but when I changed the target format it worked.

yeah my program doesn't deal with dsv, only sav files.