No Safari Zone location

IamMaggot_

Greetings,

I am trying to create a gen III pokemon that was found in the Safari Zone, however there are no such met locations ... pkhex doesn't seem to like it when I try Safari Zone as an egg "met" location - and after trying every met location in the dropdown, none of them sat well with the safari ball. what exact setting is required for creating pokemon from the safari zone? is it not possible?

6 minutes ago, IamMaggot_ said:

Greetings,

I am trying to create a gen III pokemon that was found in the Safari Zone, however there are no such met locations ... pkhex doesn't seem to like it when I try Safari Zone as an egg "met" location - and after trying every met location in the dropdown, none of them sat well with the safari ball. what exact setting is required for creating pokemon from the safari zone? is it not possible?

Quick question, what origin game is the egg, and what game save are you trying to edit?

I wasn't originally trying to make an egg, rather egg met location was the only place in the program I could find mention of the Safari Zone.

So, if I wanted to produce something in a Safari Ball, what would be the appropriate met location? I tried pretty much all of the more obvious ones that I thought would work..

31 minutes ago, IamMaggot_ said:

I wasn't originally trying to make an egg, rather egg met location was the only place in the program I could find mention of the Safari Zone.

Same difference. The "egg met location" from Gen 3 isn't transferred up.
Heck, Gen 3 don't even have an egg met location anyway..

31 minutes ago, IamMaggot_ said:

So, if I wanted to produce something in a Safari Ball, what would be the appropriate met location? I tried pretty much all of the more obvious ones that I thought would work..

Gen 3 hatches cannot have Safari Ball. Gen 3 hatches are Poke Ball only.

Also depending on what species, some cannot be hatched in Safari Ball, simply because you cannot catch the parent with a safari ball.

Note: Any mon that you can catch in SWSH, can be caught in Safari Ball.
So those species can be bred in SWSH, and have Safari Ball.

Forget about hatches. I only brought it up because the only mention of the words "safari zone" in existence within the program are under the egg meet location. I do not want to hatch anything.

I want a wobbufet from the safari zone - they existed in gen 3's safari zone. proof: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Safari_Zone

Now, how do I re-create this? it must be possible

Edited by IamMaggot_

14 minutes ago, IamMaggot_ said:

Forget about hatches. I only brought it up because the only mention of the words "safari zone" in existence within the program are under the egg meet location. I do not want to hatch anything.

I want a wobbufet from the safari zone - they existed in gen 3's safari zone. proof: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Hoenn_Safari_Zone

Now, how do I re-create this? it must be possible

Well, don't recreate one. If you're trying to create Gen 3 mon's by hand, you'll likely mess up the PIDIV portion of its legality.
Just use an already caught one. I've got one in a Gen 3 save here.

7 minutes ago, IamMaggot_ said:

That's a great dex!

Very odd - it had no problem with the ball until I fixed the IV's and the EV's - any theory on why it might have triggered illegality?

Because.. You changed the IVs. That's the issue.

As I said, Gen 3 has PIDIV legality. If you don't like the one that's here, either learn how to deal with PID Mismatch, or catch your own ><

2 hours ago, IamMaggot_ said:

whats the point of generating stuff if you can't give them good stats?

git gud.

All joking aside, you'll need the ability to read and patience; after all, you're trying to work with all information gathered over the past 10 years.
Or you can just ignore legality checks and use illegal stuff. Not recommended, but if it's single player offline play, who cares right?

(also, the PIDIV issue extends to mons that have Gen 3 or Gen 4 as origin game. Doesn't matter to Pokemon caught in future games)

2 hours ago, IamMaggot_ said:

How do you deal with PID missmatch?

For starters, we have a tutorial for it: