Why are legendaries.....legendaries ???

rocklee clone

I know why mew is legendary (like we evolved from monkeys supposedly every pokemon "evolved" from mew)

mewtwo is a clone of mew

but what about the three mighty birds, dogs and golems (and regigigas with this last three)???

lugia and ho-oh ???

celebi and jirachi ???

latios and latias ???

groudon and kyogre (i only know they fought each other in ancient times.....but why ???)

rayquaza, deoxys, heatran, shaymin ???

uxie, mesprit and azelf control either palkia or dialga....who control time and space, and giratina balances their power (i think ¿¿¿)

darkrai and cresselia have something to do with dreams....but why are they legendaries ???

rotom is not a legendary....then what is it ?!?!?!

what are manaphy and phione ???

and arceus is god (he created the universe du'h)

I know why mew is legendary (like we evolved from monkeys supposedly every pokemon "evolved" from mew)

A propaganda for the hypothesis of evolution...

mewtwo is a clone of mew

Frieza/horror movie/clone/etc...

but what about the three mighty birds, dogs and golems (and regigigas with this last three)???

The birds are based off various myths, such as the thunderbird for Zapdos and the phoenix for Moltres. The beasts... well... they're based off some Japanese myth, not sure what it is. The Golems are based off Hebrew legends of beings made out of clay. If its markings are removed they become weaker. Strange thing is, Regigigas has the markings, starts off uber weak, and becomes stronger after 5 turns.

lugia and ho-oh ???

Lugia and Ho-oh... I'm sure there are two towers in Japan with bird statues on top... Lugia is based off some dragon bird... Ho-oh is more like the Chinese Fenghuang although it shares aspects of the resurrecting phoenix, as it resurrected the legendary beasts from their graves.

celebi and jirachi ???

Celebi is an exaggerated dryad that can time travel. Jirachi is a wishing star... yeah...

latios and latias ???

No idea...

groudon and kyogre (i only know they fought each other in ancient times.....but why ???)

In the Bible there are two creatures written about... in Job 40 there is the Behemoth, the largest creature in land, and in Job 41 and other various places in the Bible is the Leviathan, the most ferocious of God's creation that resides in the sea. I think them fighting each other is described in the Talmud or something. They are supposed to die and the people in the end eat their meat or something (this is from the Talmudic account).

rayquaza, deoxys, heatran, shaymin ???

Rayquaza is a Ziz... mentioned in the Talmud along with the Behemoth and Leviathan... so you pair them up with the other two creatures and it shares the same fate as the other two according to the Talmud.

Deoxys... DNA? It looks too much like Lavos from Chronotrigger... especially his second form X_X

Heatran... volcano pit... I don't know.

Shaymin... gratitude flower or something? Mhh, it represents gratitude either way.

uxie, mesprit and azelf control either palkia or dialga....who control time and space, and giratina balances their power (i think ¿¿¿)

Forget about them... but Giratina resembles a Basilisk.

darkrai and cresselia have something to do with dreams....but why are they legendaries ???

More polar opposites to add more legends. Why else? One is based off the full moon, the other the new moon.

rotom is not a legendary....then what is it ?!?!?!

Who cares?

what are manaphy and phione ???

Some aspects of the sea? Manaphy is described as the Prince of the Sea or something. Manaphy is cold water, Phione is warm water. At least that's what I heard.

and arceus is god (he created the universe du'h)

The thing that angers me here is a "finite" God who does not resemble the absolute at all, but yeah... that's who he is supposed to represent here (I dare not call Arceus God or anything).

Anyhow, just go with what random said... it's because Gamefreak said so >.>

Pointless thread :/

Edited by wraith89