PKHex write protection error

GoonerCallum

Hi all, 

I'm a bit of a noob beginning to dabble with PKHeX for some save editing on a Drastic pokemon platinum run. I have been using this handy guide (https://projectpokemon.org/tutorials/save-editing/managing-nds-saves/using-emulators-r71/) to get started but am encountering a bit of a tricky issue. It is flagging up with the following write protection error when I open my dsv file from my drastic backup folder:

image.thumb.png.2017f2e51a7c60cc8257ba3b4e1b15c9.png

I have tried troubleshooting through google but haven't really found many threads of use. I had seen some suggestions for those using SD cards, but I am playing through on a OnePlus 6 which uses a microUSB (so no switch to flick off). 

I presume this is not a PKHex issue, and more of trying to get my phone to be compatible with the application problem, so I do apologise if this is a bit off topic. I have allowed file transfer for the USB connection, so I am a little unsure why I'm not able to edit the file through PKHex. I was wondering if anyone here would have any ideas of how you would proceed if you were in my shoes? Or perhaps if this forum isn't the most relevant to the issue I'm experiencing, would any of you may know a more pertinent place for the question?

Thanks for any help,

Callum

Hi Kaphotics, 

Thanks so much for the reply - it worked perfectly!

I just created a new folder on my desktop with a backup for my current file and a separate folder with a copy that I opened & edited with PKHex. After that I deleted the current file in my phone's Drastic backup file & copy pasted the newly edited DSV file in which has loaded up perfectly as the edited playthrough 

That was a much simpler solution than I thought it would be - Doh! 

Have a great weekend.