save block injection ban risk?

PokeJermz

Hey guys, this miight be a dumb question but I want to edit my save file to inject all of the bonus / preorder clothing & mystery gifts into my game. Is there a risk of Nintendo or Gamefreak potentially reading it as a modified save and banning me? I play ranked alot, not sure what their save file reading process is like, or if they even have one.

So far, ban risk is for having CFW, not for playing with modified saves.
It's just that modified saves are a way to show them that you have a CFW'd Switch.

Unless done incorrectly, block injections don't traces of modifications.
(Unless they happen to be doing a before and after comparison to your save,
and your injections is something ridiculous. But that would require them to store both copies of the save on the server at the first place. Who knows really)

• Ditto 1

35 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

So far, ban risk is for having CFW, not for playing with modified saves.
It's just that modified saves are a way to show them that you have a CFW'd Switch.

Unless done incorrectly, block injections don't traces of modifications.
(Unless they happen to be doing a before and after comparison to your save,
and your injections is something ridiculous. But that would require them to store both copies of the save on the server at the first place. Who knows really)

okay, Thank you! I plan on restoring my switch to the original NAND backup once I'm done, the only thing that concerns are the  mystery gifts (ie preorder bonus clothes) and if I have the items, but not the wondercard is that detectable

2 hours ago, PokeJermz said:

okay, Thank you! I plan on restoring my switch to the original NAND backup once I'm done, the only thing that concerns are the  mystery gifts (ie preorder bonus clothes) and if I have the items, but not the wondercard is that detectable

To an extent they probably are, even if there is no precedent to them doing so.

For example, it would be unlikely that you have the Bonus clothes, but don't have the wonder card received (in terms of album and received ID).

There is no history to them implementing such a check, but they could always change that. Who knows really?