PKHeX won't load with device plugged in.

Certesh

So I recently bought a Micro SD Card adapter that plugs into my SD Card slot on my laptop. Whenever I try to open PKHeX with the adapter plugged in it refuses to open. It stays stuck on the "Starting up PKHeX..." message. Whenever the adapter is unplugged PKHeX loads without fail. However, when I try to open a file after plugging the adapter in after PKHeX starts up, PKHeX crashes. I would really appreciate it if someone could let me know of a fix so that this stops happening.

47 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Try disabling this, without a SD card attached.
image.png

I disabled the setting, then I plugged in my adapter so I can open the save but PKHeX crashed as soon as I hit open. I got a long error message that said it was a device error. Is there any way to fix that?

10 minutes ago, Certesh said:

I disabled the setting, then I plugged in my adapter so I can open the save but PKHeX crashed as soon as I hit open. I got a long error message that said it was a device error. Is there any way to fix that?

Not sure if this has anything to do with PKHeX.

Try copying the save from your SD to your Desktop (see if there's any error),
then use PKHeX to edit the save on your Desktop.

Then report back.

3 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Not sure if this has anything to do with PKHeX.

Try copying the save from your SD to your Desktop (see if there's any error),
then use PKHeX to edit the save on your Desktop.

Then report back.

I was able to successfully open and modify my save. Do you know of any way to solve my problem with the SD?

6 minutes ago, Certesh said:

I was able to successfully open and modify my save. Do you know of any way to solve my problem with the SD?

No. Perhaps your SD is corrupted, perhaps there's something wrong with the reader. There's too many unknowns involved and that frankly that isn't entirely relevant to PKHeX or Pokémon. It's beyond my powers to diagnose :/

All I can advise you is to back up all of the data on the SD (in case it fails, also should do that before a format)
and to properly format the SD (perhaps use Panasonic Formatter)

If the issue still occurs after a proper full format of the SD, maybe change the reader and see if the issue is still there.
If so, the only thing could either be your computer (the port specifically or whatever deals with the port. the driver? the motherboard?) or the reader itself.

Sorry that I cannot give you the advice you want. Maybe someone will come along to advise you better.

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

No. Perhaps your SD is corrupted, perhaps there's something wrong with the reader. There's too many unknowns involved and that frankly that isn't entirely relevant to PKHeX or Pokémon. It's beyond my powers to diagnose :/

All I can advise you is to back up all of the data on the SD (in case it fails, also should do that before a format)
and to properly format the SD (perhaps use Panasonic Formatter)

If the issue still occurs after a proper full format of the SD, maybe change the reader and see if the issue is still there.
If so, the only thing could either be your computer (the port specifically or whatever deals with the port. the driver? the motherboard?) or the reader itself.

Sorry that I cannot give you the advice you want. Maybe someone will come along to advise you better.

Ok I will try that then. Thanks for all the help.

• Like 1