Sword/Shield- Change "male" trainer room to "female"

L1nk2futr3

I plan on making some major edits to my Sword save file eventually, including changing the gender of my trainer. While I've figured out how to do that successfully viewing other topics on this site, I don't think that the process of importing a female fashion block to a male save file and changing the gender ID changes what your trainer's room looks like from the start of the game (if anyone knows this, correct me if I'm wrong). For reference, here are screenshots of a "male" room and a "female" room.

1299823144_800px-Player_House_Male_Player_Room_SwSh1.png.f417f1a9bd6df1e2122d6220e9f16755.pngdownload.thumb.png.b839e8d3310051a71b4014399f06a64a.png

I know this is a stupid thing to worry about, especially considering the differences aren't as obvious as in previous games, but my goal is to make the save as authentic as possible.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, L1nk2futr3 said:

I plan on making some major edits to my Sword save file eventually, including changing the gender of my trainer. While I've figured out how to do that successfully viewing other topics on this site, I don't think that the process of importing a female fashion block to a male save file and changing the gender ID changes what your trainer's room looks like from the start of the game (if anyone knows this, correct me if I'm wrong). For reference, here are screenshots of a "male" room and a "female" room.

1299823144_800px-Player_House_Male_Player_Room_SwSh1.png.f417f1a9bd6df1e2122d6220e9f16755.pngdownload.thumb.png.b839e8d3310051a71b4014399f06a64a.png

I know this is a stupid thing to worry about, especially considering the differences aren't as obvious as in previous games, but my goal is to make the save as authentic as possible.  Thanks!

I doubt you can easily changed genders. Besides the fashion block, there's probably differences in event flags and other bytes scattered across the save that control gender exclusive stuff. Doesn't seem like these changes have been documented by anyone.

It's probably easier if you just edit the Trainer Name, TID and SID of a female save to your liking.

Thanks for responding, I kind of figured that this would be the case. If I were to take a female save and replace all of the non-gender specific save data with mine (play time, records, Mystery Gifts, etc.), would this work? Would I need to replace clothing gift records (ex. Ball Guy shirt), or is the record the same for both genders?

Out of curiosity, I compared a male and female save's block data together and noticed that a lot of the Boolean blocks had swapped values between the two. Could these be related to gender, or are these just saved responses from character prompts during the story (or both)?

Edited by L1nk2futr3

34 minutes ago, L1nk2futr3 said:

If I were to take a female save and replace all of the non-gender specific save data with mine (play time, records, Mystery Gifts, etc.), would this work? Would I need to replace clothing gift records (ex. Ball Guy shirt), or is the record the same for both genders?

As I said, the changes are not documented, so I don't know.

34 minutes ago, L1nk2futr3 said:

Out of curiosity, I compared a male and female save's block data together and noticed that a lot of the Boolean blocks had swapped values between the two. Could these be related to gender, or are these just saved responses from character prompts during the story (or both)?

The comparison would only be fair it they both just started the game and immediately saved, have the same hair and skin color, didn't even take a single step.

If both saves are at different progressions when compared, could be story elements being compared as well.

• 1 month later...

I just thought I'd share that tonight I did successfully manage to make these changes to the player's room from my originally male save file. I used the block editor to compare several different save files, including saves from the very beginning of the game, and after a lot of elimination I found that these were the blocks that controlled how the player's room is decorated according to gender:

443FB19E

46ACC334

6148F6AC

7C86783F

8D321AB8

A5D0453A

C3FB9E77

EE7D64D5

Some of these might have made other changes I don't know about, but I can confirm that after importing these blocks from a female save into my original save the entire room changed to the female one, meaning that these specific blocks (or at least some of the blocks among these) are where the info for the player's room decorations is stored. I don't expect that most people will need to make use of this information, but I wanted to follow up on what I found just for research purposes.

• 2 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 4:08 AM, L1nk2futr3 said:

I just thought I'd share that tonight I did successfully manage to make these changes to the player's room from my originally male save file. I used the block editor to compare several different save files, including saves from the very beginning of the game, and after a lot of elimination I found that these were the blocks that controlled how the player's room is decorated according to gender:

443FB19E

46ACC334

6148F6AC

7C86783F

8D321AB8

A5D0453A

C3FB9E77

EE7D64D5

Some of these might have made other changes I don't know about, but I can confirm that after importing these blocks from a female save into my original save the entire room changed to the female one, meaning that these specific blocks (or at least some of the blocks among these) are where the info for the player's room decorations is stored. I don't expect that most people will need to make use of this information, but I wanted to follow up on what I found just for research purposes.

is it possible to change the player gender with this method?