Question on transfer pokemon legality

Skadaba

Hi,

I had a question about the legality of pokemons that have been transferred to pokemon sword/shield through HOME, that were added to pokemon Ultra Sun through PKHex.

I chose a few pokemon from the following link:

And I transferred them to Pokemon shield. Obviously I do this to prevent hours of grinding for just one competitive pokemon. Now when I try to use the pokemon in ranked online battles, they are illegal. However, all of their stats/items/moves are perfectly legal (no the pokemon are just chandelure, gyarados, reuniclus and weavile). So no legendaries or anything.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or a way to bypass?

Thank you in advance.

27 minutes ago, Skadaba said:

Hi,

I had a question about the legality of pokemons that have been transferred to pokemon sword/shield through HOME, that were added to pokemon Ultra Sun through PKHex.

And I transferred them to Pokemon shield. Obviously I do this to prevent hours of grinding for just one competitive pokemon. Now when I try to use the pokemon in ranked online battles, they are illegal. However, all of their stats/items/moves are perfectly legal (no the pokemon are just chandelure, gyarados, reuniclus and weavile). So no legendaries or anything.

Does anyone have an explanation for this or a way to bypass?

Thank you in advance.

Only Pokémon caught, hatched, or from a gen 8 mystery gift event can enter into ranked battles.  Therefore, none of those Pokémon in the save can enter.  If you want to play in ranked battles you’ll need to obtain the Pokémon in Sword or Shield.  You can’t bypass this since it’s a check on the server side.

Just now, Poke J said:

Only Pokémon caught, hatched, or from a gen 8 mystery gift event can enter into ranked battles.  Therefore, none of those Pokémon in the save can enter.  If you want to play in ranked battles you’ll need to obtain the Pokémon in Sword or Shield.

Thanks, just before seeing this i found the answer here:

mod can lock this thread

5 minutes ago, Poke J said:

Only Pokémon caught, hatched, or from a gen 8 mystery gift event can enter into ranked battles.  Therefore, none of those Pokémon in the save can enter.  If you want to play in ranked battles you’ll need to obtain the Pokémon in Sword or Shield.  You can’t bypass this since it’s a check on the server side.

Do you know if there are pk7 files for all pokemon gen 1-7 that appear in sword and shield just like the file in the following link:

these pokemon are only galar pokemon but in pk7 files. I tested them and they are ranked online legal. Do you know if there exist pk7 files of Gen 8 inputs of the rest of the galarian dex?

38 minutes ago, Skadaba said:

Do you know if there are pk7 files for all pokemon gen 1-7 that appear in sword and shield just like the file in the following link:

these pokemon are only galar pokemon but in pk7 files. I tested them and they are ranked online legal. Do you know if there exist pk7 files of Gen 8 inputs of the rest of the galarian dex?

I don’t know if there is such a file, but I personally don’t recommend transferring  Pokémon like those one.  Since breeding is super easy in Sword and Shield I recommend taking a little time and breed the Pokémon you want to use.  From my experience it takes a little over an hour to breed and get all of them ready for online.