Need Help Getting My Save File For PkHex

MeltzZ

Recently I had downloaded PkHex and watched tutorials on how to make it work, only im stuck on one part. HOW DO PUT MY SAFE FILE TO CITRA SO I CAN LATER PUT IT INTO PKHEX? 

Im pretty sure I know how to decrypt a file but im not sure how to put my safe file into my pc on my files. I Have tried putting my 3DS SD card into my pc (Because I want to use PkHex on my ultra sun) but I didn't really know what to do from there. 

If you could help me that would be nice.

1. Ignoring the “works with PKHeX” part for now, “do you have any save files” is like asking you if you have any save files on your computer.

To make it even more basic, you know how “save” in the in-game menu saves your progress? Then you can restart the device and your progress is still that? That is referred to as a “save”.

So, I’m asking you whether you have any backed up save file to your computer, regardless if it’s from cart or emulator.

2. In regards to “works with PKHeX”, when you drag said file into PKHeX, does PKHeX load and show you the contents of the save?

32 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

1. Ignoring the “works with PKHeX” part for now, “do you have any save files” is like asking you if you have any save files on your computer.

To make it even more basic, you know how “save” in the in-game menu saves your progress? Then you can restart the device and your progress is still that? That is referred to as a “save”.

So, I’m asking you whether you have any backed up save file to your computer, regardless if it’s from cart or emulator.

2. In regards to “works with PKHeX”, when you drag said file into PKHeX, does PKHeX load and show you the contents of the save?

I Do Not have a save on my computer of my game, that's the whole reason of this post, to help me get it onto my PC.

6 minutes ago, MeltzZ said:

I Do Not have a save on my computer of my game, that's the whole reason of this post, to help me get it onto my PC.

Given that you said “you followed tutorials” I have no idea what stage you’re at. For all I know you got saves to your computer, just don’t know how to get em into Citra.

For starters, you got CFW on your 3DS?

6 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

Given that you said “you followed tutorials” I have no idea what stage you’re at. For all I know you got saves to your computer, just don’t know how to get em into Citra.

For starters, you got CFW on your 3DS?

Ok I want to make this clear so its easier to co-operate. I have NOT finished the tutorials  bc I got stuck on the part of getting my save file onto my PC. I know how to get them onto Citra but do not know how to actually get them onto my PC so I can them put them into Citra. 

Edited by MeltzZ

5 minutes ago, MeltzZ said:

Ok I want to make this clear so its easier to co-operate. I have NOT finished the tutorials  bc I got stuck on the part of getting my save file onto my PC. I know how to get them onto Citra but do not know how to actually get them onto my PC so I can them put them into Citra. 

Again, have you installed CFW on your 3DS?

3 minutes ago, MeltzZ said:

Do I need to back up save files? Or is it just a risk that I might lose my data?

You need to back up every dump during the hacking process. A sd back up would only work if you don’t play the games. It’s not a proper save backup. You need to install CFW. 

also don’t multi post. 

Also why did it “not work”? Please elaborate.

4 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

You need to back up every dump during the hacking process. A sd back up would only work if you don’t play the games. It’s not a proper save backup. You need to install CFW. 

also don’t multi post. 

Also why did it “not work”? Please elaborate.

Well they didn't really tell me what to do, I did that they told me but nothing happened and I can tell theres no differences.

2 minutes ago, MeltzZ said:

Don't think so.

That’s what you went wrong. Follow through properly, instead of saying “I did everything and it doesn’t work”, cause clearly you didn’t :(

i wont recommenced yt vids, cause vids get outdated soon and this guide has always been updated. But whatever helps you understand best I suppose, just remember it’s all at your own risk.