Requesting Help with Batch Editor

Wilza

Hi,  I'd like to use the batch editor to do the following:

1. Remove Latest (not OT) Handler name
  2. Change SID and TID (to match the trainer's in Trainer Info)
  3. Remove geolocation memory (in Memories -> Residence)

I can do this one-by-one, but I have several hundred to change, so using the batch editor would be much easier. Is this possible with the available commands? Thanks!

I believe that these are the droids you're looking for.
You probably got to run them 3 times. (one for each)
I also recommended not overwriting your save, and saving the changed save as something else.

5 hours ago, Wilza said:

1. Remove Latest (not OT) Handler name

=HT_Name=UnwantedName
.HT_Name=WantedName

5 hours ago, Wilza said:

2. Change SID and TID (to match the trainer's in Trainer Info)

.TrainerID7=(6 digits)
.TrainerSID7=(4 digits)

you got to manually set the digits in the brackets.

5 hours ago, Wilza said:

3. Remove geolocation memory (in Memories -> Residence)

.Geo1_Country=0
.Geo1_Region=0

(Geo1 all the way to Geo5)

Thank you :) the geolocation memory one worked perfectly, so thanks for that! But the first and second didn't unfortunately, I think maybe I wasn't clear in my original comment about what I was trying to do, sorry about that.

I basically want to make myself the OT on every Pokemon. This is how my current situation looks for each one:
nzs1qXQ.png

And this is what I want them all to look like:
3AchKbI.png

Matching with the file's SID/TID/Name here:
loQNQn0.png

So I input your code as follows:

=HT_Name=Wilza
.HT_Name=

After confirming that I had left the field blank, the batch process ran and said the files were modified. But nothing seemed to change on any of the modified Pokemon. I wondered if it was because I had left the second line blank (because I want it to be empty, of course). Is there something I need to type there to show I want it blank? I tried 0, and also a random word, neither of which seemed to change anything either, so I'm thinking it must be something else? Possibly that the HT and OT names are identical?

Then for the TID and SIDs, as per the numbers in the image above, I input the code as follows:

.TrainerID7=(123456)
.TrainerSID7=(1234)

Again, nothing seemed to change, but I think these might be to change the actual Trainer's IDs on the file? As I saw there are also SID and TID commands in the batch editor. Not your fault, as I said I should have been more clear in my original post.

I also tried those TID/SID commands like so:

.TID=(123456)
.SID=(1234)

Which sadly didn't work either, though perhaps I did it incorrectly. I also tried running multiple combinations of the codes at the same time to see if that worked, but still nothing was changed.

Would it help if I uploaded the main file, so you could take a look yourself? I'll attach it to this comment. I've just put some Pokemon in the top row of the first box, with the SID, TID, and OT name how I would like it. Then in the second row is how they currently are. It's easy to fix manually - I can simply delete the HT name, change the SID, TID, and OT name to match the file's trainer's, and it saves it just fine. I just can't seem to work out how to do it using the batch editor.

Sorry, that was a lot of info! But thanks again for your help :)

main

As for the first one, I’m not sure leaving it blank works. Also you’ve gone to options and uncheck modify pkm?

as for the second one, remove the brackets.

anyhow, try running the fixed second one first. Maybe if you leave modify pkm checked, PKHeX will recognise the the tid and Sid of the mon match’s the save, and will wipe the HT_name

Awesome, thanks! Leaving it blank did in fact work; it was unchecking modify PKM and removing the brackets that did the trick :)

One more small issue - they're now all flagged as invalid because the "Latest (not OT) Handler" box is still highlighted, shown here:

3xWMWKQ.png

cDoPBWQ.png

I can manually change it to OT for each one, but is there a command to change this in the batch editor?

Edit: Nevermind, I fixed it by accident :) I found a few Pokemon that had the OT gender as female instead of male. Using the batch editor to check and make them male by using the "OT_Gender" command seemed to fix things. Thanks for your help!

Edited by Wilza
  • Like 1

I'm sorry if I ask in an other topic, didn't want to open up a new one. 

I added through pkhex all the items onto my save and unfortunately I've got plenty of star items in the other items category, the description of each is "???" 

Is there any way I can delete them all in one with a string with the batch editor? 

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Hey sorry for the late reply, I only just saw this.

Do you mean held items? If so with the batch editor you can delete them all with the following command:

.HeldItem=0

That's it, that will remove all held items of everything in your boxes.