Somehow accidentally overwrote main game data on Pokemon Shield

strangeone1969

Back in November I was very new to homebrew and wanted so badly to be able to cheat on Pokemon Sword & Shield, I had found PK Hex and used it and somehow I had overwritten the OFW data on the game so that I showed that I had 900 master balls and have no idea how I did that.  I have been trying to duplicate that again as I wanted to get more rare candy to level up my pokemon, but not sure how I did that, because the only thing I update now is what is being used thru CFW.  Is there a way to save on the OFW? I may risk a ban, but I didn't get banned the last time.

bummer, so probably when I updated the firmware to the current version, it must have patched that out.  All I wanted to have was ability to get master balls and rare candy...maybe extra money and watts for Pokemon Sword and Shield.  I had the master balls working, then I was getting frustrated trying to figure out why it seemed like I all of a sudden had two different profiles and I stupidly reformatted my switch to start over and lost the master balls.  I guess I will play legit until someone figures out how to save to the sysnand again. I wonder if I were able to go back to an older firmware if it would work?

6 minutes ago, strangeone1969 said:

bummer, so probably when I updated the firmware to the current version, it must have patched that out.

that is also not something that can be patched out by FW updates.

You probably updated your entry to bootloader method or did something different.
(or maybe your OFW and CFW is at different FW levels now? I don't know)

There's one way to save to sysnand: simply not have emunand.
The thread I linked has a way to make CFW boot into sysnand (by not having emunand at all)

that may be what I did, I wonder how I did that as it was accidental.  When I had the 900 master balls, I was going thru OFW and didn't get banned, maybe because I didn't do too many things to flag me? I wonder if I do the bare minimum, a few extra master balls, rare candy, dynamax candy and maybe extra money and enough watts to get a few things and go thru sysnand I won't get banned.  I am not planning on adding extra pokemon or changing their stats. I as yet, haven't bought anything thru the eshop, but will get the expansions for the Pokemon games

Edited by strangeone1969
wanted to add