I think I messed up...

Nelex5000

So basically I'm playing some pokemon games on my ds and desmume from time to time (I play on the ds when it's charged and when I feel like to play there), they're Platinum, HG, White and White 2. Now, the .sav of the White run is really old, it's probably from 2011 or 2012, and it's my first run ever of that game, and recently, like 2 years ago in 2017, I started a White 2 run. All is going well until today, I was playing White 2, then got bored and opened the HG Rom. I found out that the .dsv file wasn't being read by desmume, so I checked on pkhex to see if the .dsv file was wrong or something... I found out that White and HG dsv files were basically copies of an old platinum save file!!!! (My platinum save file was newer tho, it's fine if u ask).
So here's what might've happened: I converted the .sav files from the ds to play on desmume and I accidentally saved 2 more platinum file with different names. No worries, I got the .bak files and they seem to be the most recent saves I got. Problem is: I tried to remove .bak from the name. Desmume and pkhex won't read them. And even if pkhex could, desmume can't.

Before converting the bak to .sav and trying it on the ds, can I fix this? How can I restore a .bak file?? Please help!!!!

Pic related, it's the error that pops up when I try to open my White sav with pkhex. I magnified it a bit so you guys can read it better.

Please, help me.

cefd27db1746ee5b073d13cb5bf06a8e69906d63_s2_n2.png

They're in italian. I highly doubt you can open them on other roms. I'll still upload them gimme a sec

Pokémon Versione Oro HeartGold.dsv [Nelex (HGSS) - 2ː02ː30].bak Pokémon Versione Bianca.dsv [GABRI. (W) - 135ː50ː52].bak

They DO have usable data. My mistake was replacing the files with platinum and changing the name. That's all! Don't tell me they don't have usable data, it's literally impossible.

I've seen videos on youtube showing the exact same problem and they fixed it.

@Nelex5000 don't multipost. if any new info, and no one replied you, edit into your latest post.

And sheesh, I'm not always around, wait patiently.

Also, those 2 baks, you can load them straight into PKHeX and they work.
Just export as .sav in PKHeX, then import into Desmume using the Import Battery or Import Backup Memory option (named something like that)

edit:
There's also the method of making a copy of those baks, then renaming them to .dsv, but I'm unsure how well that would work..

@theSLAYER i know im sorry i was just anxious about the save files...

as I wrote on the post I already tried making a backup of the bak files (I still have them if ur wondering) and changing the name but they wouldn't work. Instead, since I had tried everything I was thinking about, I realized I could directly convert the bak files into something like dsv or sav. So I converted them into sav files and put them onto my m3 and they both worked fine. I think I can reconvertem into dsv once I need to.

Thanks for the replies, and sorry again if I was unpatient.

• Like 1