Shiny Rate 100% (for non-shiny locked) via code.bin editing

• 2 months later...

So I've followed all the steps including the ones for a game cartridge, and I'm having problems with the extract exefs.bat file not working (ie. the folder exefs does not show up). I am on a Windows computer and downloaded CTRtools from the link provided, I even went to download the makerom.exe from the same link!! I provided a screenshot of what I have so far below.

problem.png

4 hours ago, M34T_G0R3 said:

So I've followed all the steps including the ones for a game cartridge, and I'm having problems with the extract exefs.bat file not working (ie. the folder exefs does not show up). I am on a Windows computer and downloaded CTRtools from the link provided, I even went to download the makerom.exe from the same link!! I provided a screenshot of what I have so far below.

problem.png

I think I was having a similar issue recently, and I got this to work with ctrtools v1.2.0, give this a try:
extract exefs.bat

Okay, now I have amother issue; My game crashes whenever I try to open it after finishing this hack. I get an "an exception occured error" and any button I press other than A shuts down my game. I'm using Pokemon X for this by the way. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: turns out I had updated my game beforehand, so I just redid the tutorial but with the selection in godmode for the updated patch, everything works now!

Edited by M34T_G0R3
Updated with solution

5 hours ago, M34T_G0R3 said:

Okay, now I have amother issue; My game crashes whenever I try to open it after finishing this hack. I get an "an exception occured error" and any button I press other than A shuts down my game. I'm using Pokemon X for this by the way. Did I do something wrong?

EDIT: turns out I had updated my game beforehand, so I just redid the tutorial but with the selection in godmode for the updated patch, everything works now!

I was gonna say you probably took the non-updated exeFS, but then saw your edit.

Good work, glad it works for ya!

Now, for me to edit the steps..