Can't save ingame after injecting edited savefile

Flocki1987

Hello guys,

after injecting my edited savefile from "Pokemon Lets go Pikachu" I cannot save ingame anymore. The savegame loads correctly but when I try to save I receive the attached error message (sorry its in German) which means that "there are no savefiles found on this Nintendo Switch - Please shut down the system and try it again"!

Can someone help me?

Attached are also the original and the edited savefile.

Regards,

Flo

2019071411584000-94CAAF6C83EE682D358EB6183EEF7D28.jpg

savedata_original.bin savedata_edited.bin

Edited by Flocki1987

1. I've used Edizon to backup and inject the save.

I've also tried it with Checkpoint, but after backing up and injecting with that one the game told me that the save data are corrupted.

2. When I encountered that problem first, I only edited the amount of "Rare Candy" from 1 to 999. In the attached save I've added all available items and each one to the maximum value. Same problem.

Edited message:

@Flocki1987 first, redownload the latest PKHeX from our webpage, then perform the same edits as previously.

If I'm not mistaken, the previous iteration of the latest PKHeX had issues with LGPE, and has since been resolved,
so redownload the latest one and check if it fixes edits.

Do test it by editing a copy of the unmodified save. Don't modify the already modified save.

I am still working with the latest version (PKHeX (190705)) from this website.

But anyway, I tried redownloading, done a fresh backup where the save file is working, edited only the Rare Candy to a value of 500, injected again and got the same error as above :(

1 hour ago, Flocki1987 said:

I am still working with the latest version (PKHeX (190705)) from this website.

But anyway, I tried redownloading, done a fresh backup where the save file is working, edited only the Rare Candy to a value of 500, injected again and got the same error as above :(

But is it a fresh redownload? The redownloaded one still says 190705.

Can you test this: Just swap around a Pokémon in the PC, and nothing more.
I just did items modification (to various degrees) and unable to replicate the issue.

note: on the older 190705, every edit I did would result it not loading at all.
However upon redownload, every edit allows me to load and save in game.
Also, I'm using Checkpoint. Pointing this out, since you've got a weird scenario that it works on Edizon but not Checkpoint. I don't use Edizon at all.

Mhhh well I tried several Apps like Checkpoint, JKSV and Edizon. Checkpoint and JKSV always corrupted the save. Only Edizon was able to load the save correctly.

But anyway, I found a workaround ;) I just injected the edited save, load the save and after that I injected the non-edited save while the game was running. After that I saved ingame and that worked :)

Not a good solution but it works :D

2 hours ago, Flocki1987 said:

Mhhh well I tried several Apps like Checkpoint, JKSV and Edizon. Checkpoint and JKSV always corrupted the save. Only Edizon was able to load the save correctly.

But anyway, I found a workaround ;) I just injected the edited save, load the save and after that I injected the non-edited save while the game was running. After that I saved ingame and that worked :)

Not a good solution but it works :D

I'm under the impression that you're still using the previous copy of PKHeX.

Explainer:
Chances are, that version corrupted checksums, hence why any save manager injects wouldn't work. (Cause the game checks checksums upon launch)
However if I'm not mistaken, Edizon injects the save while the game is already loaded, so the checksum check is skipped.

Given that the fixed version of PKHeX corrects checksums upon saving, and based on the behavior explained above,  I get the impression you aren't using the redownloaded one.

To be sure, delete every instance of PKHeX on your computer (including the zip folders in your downloads), only then download this one. PKHeX (190705)(3).zip

(I mirrored PKHeX here, in case your cache isn't cleared for some reason and you end up downloading the older one)

Then retry these steps:
1. Use Checkpoint to create a backup of an unmodified save
2. Make a copy of the unmodified save
3. Use the redownloaded PKHeX to shift a mon around in the PC, on the copy of the unmodified save. (that's all)
4. Use Checkpoint to restore the copied save (which is now modified)

If it still doesn't work.. then I honestly got no clue.
I encountered the same thing while trying to help ya: every edit I did resulted in every save appearing corrupted.
A redownload of the hotfixed versions solved that problem.