Question about legality and PID of event pokemon.

Xenaer12

Wasn't sure if I could post on my topic from 2 days ago, so rather decided to make a new one to ask a few more questions.

1. When using the mystery gift section on pkhex to add an event pokemon to my in game boxes, is it necessary to reroll the PID and encryption constant for the pokemon to be considered legal, otherwise it would probably have exactly the same PID and EC as many people have probably used the same pokemon before. Or is it okay to have the same PID and EC since it is events ?

2. Been trying to find a clear answer everywhere on the forums about the effect that 3ds region and country will have on pokemon. For example, using the Japanese Melemele shiny Tapu Koko wonder card and injecting it into my european region 3ds and ultra sun game. Will i have to edit the pokemon's region and country of origin in pkhex and make it look like it was traded from a Japanese sun game? I understand that a pokemon generated on a european 3ds region and country will reflect that in 3ds region, sub region and country section, but when a pokemon is traded, does it retain that original information or is changed to my region etc. ?

3. And just to understand, how was the SID's determined for all those event pokemon. 

Sorry if the questions might be obvious, but im quite new to this and understanding all the details is quite difficult. :)

1 hour ago, Xenaer12 said:

1. When using the mystery gift section on pkhex to add an event pokemon to my in game boxes, is it necessary to reroll the PID and encryption constant for the pokemon to be considered legal, otherwise it would probably have exactly the same PID and EC as many people have probably used the same pokemon before. Or is it okay to have the same PID and EC since it is events ?

For gifts that don't have a preset PID and EC, using the Mystery gift via PKHeX or in-game would have already rolled you a new PID/EC.
The only time that doesn't happen, is if you were using .pkx files.

In that case, you'll need to research whether that event has fixed PID/EC.
If it doesn't, then reroll it.

Either way, having unique PID/EC is probably better, but frankly Game Freak's current hack checks doesn't check for dupe PID/EC.

1 hour ago, Xenaer12 said:

2. Been trying to find a clear answer everywhere on the forums about the effect that 3ds region and country will have on pokemon. For example, using the Japanese Melemele shiny Tapu Koko wonder card and injecting it into my european region 3ds and ultra sun game. Will i have to edit the pokemon's region and country of origin in pkhex and make it look like it was traded from a Japanese sun game? I understand that a pokemon generated on a european 3ds region and country will reflect that in 3ds region, sub region and country section, but when a pokemon is traded, does it retain that original information or is changed to my region etc. ? 

a) You need to know whether you can even legitimately redeem that wonder card in your game/3DS at the first place.
(For example, some Japanese-region wonder cards can be redeemed on European-Region 3DS, if it's Local wireless or Infrared.
Serial code events are region-locked, so cannot be redeemed on EU-3DS in that case)

While not thoroughly related to what you're asking, if you're asking such basic level questions, I feel like I need to include this:
Take note that not every game can legitimately redeem a wonder card too.
Some events are SM only, or USUM only, or even S only or M only or US only or UM only.
You gotta make sure you Origin Game on PKHeX matches the correct game. :)

b) Depending on the answer to (a), you may have to change region/country using PKHeX.
I doubt anyone has time to run through every case by case basis with you. :/

To learn about it, read here:

c) The Region/Country is set  (and doesn't change) upon: catching, transferring in from Pokétransporter (from <= Gen 5), redeeming wonder card, in-game trade, in-game gift.

Any other trades (GTS, Real life etc) won't change the region/country. While Gen 6 recorded Region/country that was traded to and from (under geolocations), the original region/country still stays the same. Hence why you'll need to make sure the region/country of the particular event is correct.

Okay, after reading everything and going through that guide... I used the Japanese wondercard in my ultra sun copy and collected the gift from the pokemon center in game. I then opened up my save in pkhex and as expected the koko was illegal. Then changed the 3ds region and country to Japan and the met location to Sun. The aim is to make it seem like I traded with someone who got the pokemon from the actual event.

The legality checker does say its legal, however I just want to make 100% sure by asking someone who knows how its supposed to look. 

image.thumb.png.72e00acdd8caca34cbcc1fd1423b9325.png

Edited by Xenaer12

6 minutes ago, Xenaer12 said:

Okay, after reading everything and going through that guide... I used the Japanese wondercard in my ultra sun copy and collected the gift from the pokemon center in game. I then opened up my save in pkhex and as expected the koko was illegal. Then changed the 3ds region and country to Japan and the met location to Sun. The aim is to make it seem like I traded with someone who got the pokemon from the actual event.

The legality checker does say its legal, however I just want to make 100% sure by asking someone who knows how its supposed to look. 

image.thumb.png.72e00acdd8caca34cbcc1fd1423b9325.png

I believe you're referring to this event.

image.png
Japan Serial Code event -> Japan 3DS only (and relevant countries/sub region)
SM event -> Collected on Sun

As long as those 2 details are correct, and it shows up as legal, then it should be correct.