Ultra Moon claims Save Data is Corrupt after import of backed up saved data

Iyce

Hello everyone,

I have tried searching out an answer to my issue but either everything I found and tried did not work and/or was incomplete information. Here's my issue:

Pokemon Ultra Moon says that my saved data is corrupted upon load.

Currently, I am running the following software:
CFW on 11.8.x.
CheckPoint v3.5.0
JKSM v??? date Aug 19, 2018
SaveDataFiler
PKHex date Nov 16, 2018
Pokemon Ultra Moon (both patched to v1.2 and unpatched for purposes of testing)

I did the following:
-Exported my save using CheckPoint
-Plugged SD card into computer
-Backed up my original save file (main)
-Opened and Edited the save file using PKHex
-Exported the save file using PKHex
-Plugged SD card back into the 3DS
-Imported my save using CheckPoint
-Started Pokemon Ultra Moon

At that point, I got the corrupted data message.

I have tried:
-Double-exporting/saving the file from PKHex
-Restoring my original save file using CheckPoint, JKSM, and SaveDataFiler (admittedly, I'm not too familiar with SDF)
-Restoring the edit using CheckPoint, JKSM, and SaveDataFiler
-Restarting the game on the cartridge and immediately exporting the save data and re-importing it using CheckPoint, JKSM (this still produces the corruption method)
-Uninstalling the Ultra Moon v1.2 Patch and repeating the above methods...

All save files will open in PKHex and do contain the correct data.

Nothing is working and I am not sure where to look next... 

Does anyone know what else to try now or why this is not working? As far as I am aware, it should have been as easy as export with CheckPoint, use PKHex, export with PKHex, Import to with CheckPoint, and viola!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I've attached my original, unmodified save that was exported using CheckPoint v3.5.0 so that others may help solve this issue!

Thanks!

main-original

Ok, I'm attaching two screenshots: One will be of the SD card folder for CheckPoint, the other for JKSM. Hidden files are shown (but there are none).

I deleted the saved game data using the X+B+UP combination in the game (and did not save/start a new one, just quit on language selection).
I then injected a save file using CheckPoint and started up UM. Same "The saved game data is corrupted. ..." message.

Any thoughts?

Ultra Moon CheckPoint Save Folder Contents.png

Ultra Moon JKSM Save Folder Contents - Brand New Game.png

3 hours ago, Iyce said:

Ok, I'm attaching two screenshots: One will be of the SD card folder for CheckPoint, the other for JKSM. Hidden files are shown (but there are none).

I deleted the saved game data using the X+B+UP combination in the game (and did not save/start a new one, just quit on language selection).
I then injected a save file using CheckPoint and started up UM. Same "The saved game data is corrupted. ..." message.

Any thoughts?

Ultra Moon CheckPoint Save Folder Contents.png

Ultra Moon JKSM Save Folder Contents - Brand New Game.png

I don't know which is the save folder on your SD card, but there cannot be other saves in that folder.
(the JKSM folder can have many sub-folders, but the folder you're actually gonna inject can only have one file)

The JKSM/checkpoint folder on your SD that you're gonna import, can only have one save file, and nothing else.

Both of those were from the SD card, the first being CheckPoint\saves\ and the second being root\jksv...

I'll try seeing what happens if the CheckPoint folder has just the one file.

Does it have to be named 'main' or can I change it? When I looked at the file inside the CTR, it had main-original as its name.

50 minutes ago, Iyce said:

Both of those were from the SD card, the first being CheckPoint\saves\ and the second being root\jksv...

I'll try seeing what happens if the CheckPoint folder has just the one file.

Does it have to be named 'main' or can I change it? When I looked at the file inside the CTR, it had main-original as its name.

just rename it main, delete the rest.
If you gotta keep a backup, keep it on your PC, not on the Sd..

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2018 at 9:21 PM, theSLAYER said:

just rename it main, delete the rest.
If you gotta keep a backup, keep it on your PC, not on the Sd..

Sorry it's been a bit but just wanted to post and say thank you. Deleting the rest seems to have been the solution. 

• Like 1