Help with PKHeX? [Mac]

Loganblahtimes2

Hello! Forgive me if I'm in the wrong category or something, I'm new to this site as I just signed up for help.

I've been trying to work PKHeX on my Mac for quite a while now. I've followed nearly every guide I can find but to no avail. I was wondering if anyone could help me by chance.

I usually use this guide. I've used a few another ones, but most pages seem to lead me to the one I just mentioned. I try to do the easiest and top-most method with Winebottler. I've double-checked, I run everything the exact same as it is on that screenshot of the Winebottler "Install" screen. I've checked all 4 Winetricks but the only difference is I try to install the app it's creating directly onto the root of my 3ds's SD card. I used this guide for getting it on the SD card, if you're wondering where I install it.

Whenever I have my screen the same as in the first guide, I click install and everything seems to run fine, with a box appearing at the bottom that says,"Creating "PKHeX App.app", and below that,"installing dotnet461". Problem is, my computer never seems to want to go past this step. I've left it running on that step for about 30 minutes, nothing happened and the Winebottler app eventually stopped responding. I left my computer running overnight and decided to come back to it the next day, and it just said,"Prefix aborted successfully." In place of where the install box was before.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there any other method I should be using?

Thanks for any replies in advance!

32 minutes ago, lglaplante said:

just install the PkHex to a directory on your Mac and it should for real fine

Nope. I tried to install it into a different folder that didn't involve my SD card, and it got past the dotnet step and got to "installing pkhex..." soon after it stopped responding again.

You have to have a save manager on your 3ds. I recommend JKSM. Only problem, it doesn't work with ds cartridges, only 3ds. So if you're wanting to use pkhex for older games, i'd suggest using checkpoint as another alternative. Other than that, PKhex is a computer program. Lol. You don't need to do anything on your 3ds for it. As long as you know how to work your save manager and keep backups, it'll work. I haven't really heard of anyone having problems with a mac, so I'm not 100% sure with that, unless your virus software is permitting it to go any further. 

Edited by VizHax