Original US save still works but any edited one triggers corrupted message after loading

Nerdy

Used both latest versions of Checkpoint and JKSM. Original backup still works fine. I've tried editing multiple different ways but any of the new save files exported from PKHex don't work. As other people have done, I've tried using different versions of those two save managers and I've tried opening and reexporting the save from PKHex. IIRC the secure value stuff is automatic with the new managers.

Could it have anything to do with the file size being different? I noticed a difference in file size from the original US save and the new ones I try. I've read every article I could find on this forum and people magically find solutions but when I try the same things they don't produce any different results.

I don't go crazy with editing; I still haven't finished US once and just want to play with some fun edits.

main

main original

723 - Dartrix - 9CD7C5DC70C6.pk7

037-01 - Snowy - EB6C1146FB4D.pk7

Edit: I used PKSM and manually added location etc by changing the values to replicate what I wanted to edit using PKHex, but I'd still like to get to the bottom of this and why it didn't work.

Edited by Nerdy

15 hours ago, theSLAYER said:

@Nerdy you may be using a version of an app that requires you choose "Delete Secure Value" after inject the save.

I looked for that and made sure I was using the most current version (and the current versions don't appear to have that option).

Edit: Ooh, FTP transfer was where the problem was! I changed the transfer type to binary and that solved it.

Edited by Nerdy
  • Like 1