[bug] Invalid or corrupted GC Memory Card

Artros

When I try to open a savegame from HeartGold with PKHeX, I consistently get an error message saying "Invalid or corrupted GC Memory Card", and the program ceases to work. I am using the latest version of both PKHeX and DeSmuME. I tried to find information on this bug, but I couldn't find any topics here. I attached the savefile.

Gold3.sav

7 minutes ago, Artros said:

When I try to open a savegame from HeartGold with PKHeX, I consistently get an error message saying "Invalid or corrupted GC Memory Card", and the program ceases to work. I am using the latest version of both PKHeX and DeSmuME. I tried to find information on this bug, but I couldn't find any topics here. I attached the savefile.

Gold3.sav

Your save is invalid. All the data are 0xFF

image.png

So it's a DesMuME problem, and not a PKHeX problem (I thought differently because PokéGen does work for me). That's sad, because at least PKHeX is still being supported. Thank you, I guess I will have to look for solutions elsewhere.

One small question: how did you get the data that you show in the screenshot there?

modedit: don't double post.

41 minutes ago, Artros said:

So it's a DesMuME problem, and not a PKHeX problem (I thought differently because PokéGen does work for me). That's sad, because at least PKHeX is still being supported. Thank you, I guess I will have to look for solutions elsewhere.

I don't think it's a Desmume problem; you're probably exporting it wrong.

I have been able to use Desmume and PKHeX for a long time now.

PKHeX is able to read the .dsv that Desmume outputs. Alternatively, Export Battery Save as Raw Save Format, after the game is running and save appears intact.

42 minutes ago, Artros said:

One small question: how did you get the data that you show in the screenshot there? 

Load the file into a hex editor. (I'm using HxD)

The issue was resolved. I wasn't using .dsv files, but .dst files and .sav files. This was the reason the program couldn't load the file. It worked perfectly when I switched to .dsv files. Thank you for showing me where I went wrong.

• Like 1