[Gen III: FireRed] Mystery Gift Button Not Showing

PistillumDanann

Hello All,

Sorry if I did not post in the correct forum, but I have a problem attempting to modify my save file to import
a WonderCard and did not know where I should post.

I have enabled Mystery Gift functionality in FireRed, running Visual Boy Advance / PC, and verified it was
enabled by restarting the game. However, when I closed the game and opened the save file in PKHeX,
the Mystery Gift button is not displaying. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks All,

PistillumDanann

PKHeX Mystery Gift Not Showing.png

14 minutes ago, PistillumDanann said:

Hello All,

Sorry if I did not post in the correct forum, but I have a problem attempting to modify my save file to import
a WonderCard and did not know where I should post.

I have enabled Mystery Gift functionality in FireRed, running Visual Boy Advance / PC, and verified it was
enabled by restarting the game. However, when I closed the game and opened the save file in PKHeX,
the Mystery Gift button is not displaying. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks All,

PistillumDanann

PKHeX Mystery Gift Not Showing.png

If I'm not mistaken, I think Mystery Gift functionality isn't implemented for Gen 3, as there's other tools that already implement it.

(Between RS, E and FRLG, the Mystery code functionality was coded differently lol)

Here, use this tool. You may get an antivirus warning, it's safe to ignore it (for this one tool).
Make a save backup in other folders on your computer before using it.
For standard events, using Official Event Distributor should be enough :)
https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/file/645-mystery-gift-tool/

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PistillumDanann said:

Yes, I get the warning, so my antivirus software will not let me use it.

I think most if not all antivirus has a function where users can set an  "exclusion" to scans or usages to specific programs.

You're going to have to Google where that function for your antivirus is.
I was using Bitdefender, and I ended up having to exclude the entire folder it was located in, as for some reason it didn't allow exclusion to the program itself.
(Or rather, it keeps being too fast and keep scanning and the blocking the program before I could do anything lol)

(Also if you're concerned, you can go to the github page and read the source code.)