Gen 1 VC loading issue

sunrisen

5 minutes ago, sunrisen said:

I'm having a lot of trouble not corrupting my VC save, i have tons of backups, but everything i try ends up corrupt when i port it back to VC

right now i cannot find a way for pkhex OR my emulator (VBA-RR) to read the .dat file my 3ds exports, when it reads old ones just fine. 

I get this error in pkhex: https://puu.sh/AjwaD/33a9f8d5dd.png

Ensure when you port back the edited save file to the JKSM folder, that it's named sav.dat (make sure full extension is shown),
and that there is no other file in that folder.

Then proceed it to import it into your game.

I'll advise you to repeat the process.
For starters, use JKSM to import a working save back into your Pokemon Blue,
then redo the entire process properly from there.

this doesnt really help my current issue, a bunch of the files on my pc were done wrong, I have one file with all the mons i got through playing on the emulator, i just want to transfer them over to the file coming from my 3ds so i know if its corrupt its something with the mons, but phkex and the emulator wont read the save from jksv, and i know i shouldn't have to change the file type for the programs to do so.

I need to know either how to fix pkhex not reading the sav.dat i JUST exported yesterday, or how i'm supposed to properly change the filetype into something readable for pkhex.

The reason why PKHeX won't read the file your exported, is because your file is corrupted/wrong size.
Let me ask you this: Play your Pokemon Blue. Is the save corrupted there? Now use JKSM to export to a new folder. is that save corrupted?

For starters, upload your save file for us to see.

I've transferred save file between emulators and 3DS many, many times, and I don't come into this kind of problems.
(And yes, all I had to do was rename Pokemon Yellow.sav to sav.dat for it to work.)

4 minutes ago, PokemonKing99 said:

@theSLAYER Please close this post thanks

Technically this call is usually requested by:
1. OP, if the OP is satisfied with the reply or any other reason
2. Non-OP members want to report an issue with the thread (maybe breaking severe rules, spam etc)
2. Moderators, if they came to the conclusion by themselves.

Normally other users (who isn't the OP) won't have much say in this call/request, since you wouldn't know if the OP has any other related issues.
I personally do not mind your enthusiasm and initiative, but it is kind of weird to have a regular member that isn't related to the thread requesting it to be closed,
when it isn't in violation of any kind of rules or something. ><