PKM Database Sources

a97777

I tried opening the PKM database for the first time today and I saw 9000 something pokemon in there. I know for a fact that I do not have those many pokemon in the pkmdb directory and that I do not have those many pokemon in the save I was operating on so I must assume that PkHex recursively pulls data from other save files present in the path like files in bak and other directories. Could someone please tell me what are the sources PkHex uses to build the database? Thanks

4 hours ago, Kaphotics said:

it loads from "pkmdb" (dumped individual files) as well as from any saves in the "bak" folder

viewing an individual file shows where it was loaded from via the label in the bottom left of the window.

Thanks. Is there a way to disable loading from bak? I'm sure you guys had a valid reason to include it as one of the search paths but it's a bit inconvenient for me to have to move all my files out of bak and back in each time I load PkHex. Especially since I'm less likely to be editing a backup than only pokemon in the pkmdb directory

50 minutes ago, a97777 said:

Thanks. Is there a way to disable loading from bak? I'm sure you guys had a valid reason to include it as one of the search paths but it's a bit inconvenient for me to have to move all my files out of bak and back in each time I load PkHex. Especially since I'm less likely to be editing a backup than only pokemon in the pkmdb directory

Can always filter it out with the advanced filters:

!IdentifierContains=bak\

Works so long as the box/pkm name don't have "bak\" in their filename.

Can also toggle "search within database" which ignores pkmdb & bak.

Can also turn off loading of bak files completely by commenting out the #define LOADALL at the top of SAV_Database.cs and recompiling the program.