Pokémon from egg in Timer Ball legal?

peno

I wonder if this is really legal. I've created shiny Ralts that is hatched from link traded egg and jus for the fun of it tried what it will do if I put it in something else than Poké Ball. And I was really surprised that the Pokémon in question was still marked legal. See the screenshot.

5abcfac662026_EggTimerBall.png.6d10abe304bf87d29cfd3272944cd539.png

I don't think this is right. There is no legal way in-games to make this. Or is there? Am I missing something and this really is possible legally?

13 minutes ago, peno said:

I wonder if this is really legal. I've created shiny Ralts that is hatched from link traded egg and jus for the fun of it tried what it will do if I put it in something else than Poké Ball. And I was really surprised that the Pokémon in question was still marked legal. See the screenshot.

5abcfac662026_EggTimerBall.png.6d10abe304bf87d29cfd3272944cd539.png

I don't think this is right. There is no legal way in-games to make this. Or is there? Am I missing something and this really is possible legally?

It's possible. here's the steps:
1. In any game that you can encounter Ralts, catch it in a Timer Ball.
2. Trade/Transfer that Timer Ball Ralts to Gen 7, and breed it.
3. Trade the egg to your Ultra Moon.
4. Hatch the egg.

5 minutes ago, peno said:

Wow. I didn't even know that. Thanks for the quick answer.

No worries. Ball mechanics only get complicated, when you need to take into account Hidden ability and other quirks.

Read more about standard ball mechanics here: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pokémon_breeding#Inheriting_Pok.C3.A9_Balls