The best way to trade with myself to evolve Pokémon?

Swadloon

Of course, without having 2 3DS systems, which should be the best way. I got all my games in digital copies (except for the Gen 4 and 5 games, of course) and would like to know what's the best way of trading with myself in order to evolve Pokémon that evolve only by trade in the least intrusive way (= not heavily editing to evolve them by force, but making them really look as if they were traded). That includes the VC titles.

I'd like to do it not only for evolution purposes, but trading Pokémon as well in games which can't use Pokémon Bank for that, in order to fulfill Pokédexes.

P.S.: I got a R4i GOLD 3DS (RTS) and the updated Luma CFW, in case they can be of any use (and, of course, I got PKHeX).

P.S.2: I don't know if I should have posted this question on Emulation section or any other section, instead. Sorry for anything.

Edited by Swadloon

It's generally pretty simple.

1. Set a "Latest (not OT) Handler" name in the OT/misc tab

2. Go ahead and set/save this edit in the PC box (I realize PKHEX is still flagging it as illegal but we'll fix that)

3. Now that you're poke is saved with a "(not OT) Handler" name, click on the memories button located in the bottom right of the same tab.

4. Click on the "Memories with: notOT" tab.

5. Select the "notOT" memories you'd like your poke to have and set/save once more

6. Done

FYI, the reason I say to set/save in step 2 after just setting a "(not OT) Handler" name, is because PKHEX will automatically fill out the "Residence" tab for you if you do this. The Residence tab just has the Country/Region that the "not OT Handler" had. I believe PKHEX will simply set these values to what your country/region is for your save file so if you want your "traded" pokemon's "not OT" country/region to be different from your country/region, simply set it to something else. That is just how I do it cause it saves time.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 6:08 PM, jimmayg said:

It's generally pretty simple.

1. Set a "Latest (not OT) Handler" name in the OT/misc tab

2. Go ahead and set/save this edit in the PC box (I realize PKHEX is still flagging it as illegal but we'll fix that)

3. Now that you're poke is saved with a "(not OT) Handler" name, click on the memories button located in the bottom right of the same tab.

4. Click on the "Memories with: notOT" tab.

5. Select the "notOT" memories you'd like your poke to have and set/save once more

6. Done

FYI, the reason I say to set/save in step 2 after just setting a "(not OT) Handler" name, is because PKHEX will automatically fill out the "Residence" tab for you if you do this. The Residence tab just has the Country/Region that the "not OT Handler" had. I believe PKHEX will simply set these values to what your country/region is for your save file so if you want your "traded" pokemon's "not OT" country/region to be different from your country/region, simply set it to something else. That is just how I do it cause it saves time.

To correct myself, this applies more to GEN 6, X and Y. Previous generations work in a similar fashion only I don't believe they have memories or residences you have to mess with but don't quote me on it. Apparently GEN VII doesn't set memories or residences at all for GEN VII caught or traded pokemon. Pokémon transferred to GEN VII via poke bank is a different story.

This person provides some good information on some of the finer details of traded pokemon statistics that might be helpful: