PKhex and Webroot Antivirus

PTDuckie

So for the past few days, everytime I try to load Pkhex up, My Webroot Antivirus pulls it up as Malware and deletes it off my computer. Even if I re-download the Pkhex.zip and put it back on my desktop it still pulls it up as malware. Do you guys know what is wrong and how to fixed this issue?

1 minute ago, PTDuckie said:

So for the past few days, everytime I try to load Pkhex up, My Webroot Antivirus pulls it up as Malware and deletes it off my computer. Even if I re-download the Pkhex.zip and put it back on my desktop it still pulls it up as malware. Do you guys know what is wrong and how to fixed this issue?

C# apps that use dependencies that are flagged and are not signed will trigger a false positive. Pretty much every unsigned C# gets flagged at one point or another.

5 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

C# apps that use dependencies that are flagged and are not signed will trigger a false positive. Pretty much every unsigned C# gets flagged at one point or another.

So how can I fix this problem cause it seems like it won't let me run PKhex

3 minutes ago, Sabresite said:

It is stupidly painful with webroot. You have to get the md5 and add it to the exclusion list.

I don't think webroot has and exclusion folder option.

Ah, that sucks. Well, I'll try to figure something out. I haven't been heavy in competitive much anymore anyway.

Thanks for the help though.

I've been having the same problem, and I seem to have found a solution. Open up Webroot and click the little gear next to PC Security, then go to Block/Allow Files and look for pkhex.exe and change it from block to allow. That was all I had to do, not sure if it'll work for everyone though.

59 minutes ago, Zaps13 said:

I've been having the same problem, and I seem to have found a solution. Open up Webroot and click the little gear next to PC Security, then go to Block/Allow Files and look for pkhex.exe and change it from block to allow. That was all I had to do, not sure if it'll work for everyone though.

It works granted you do not use bleeding edge or compile your own. Every new release you will have to do the same too.