Save file does nor match up

CharlueChar

So i think i fucked up cuz I wanted to do a little change to my UM save, then I changed it back and a message saying ''The save file does not match with  the last session save''

Can i fix this or do i need to redownload the game?? If so, can I just redownlaod the game and insert the save file before starting?

I do not have any bak for the game save so I can just revert it. I can neither put the box (thats what I changed) exactly as It was cuz I dont remeber exactly how i did it.

Edited by CharlueChar

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

Is that a message displayed by the game? (I'm assuming that isn't game sync message)

It sounds like you didn't delete secure value.
What app/homebrew on your 3DS are you using to export and import your save?

Yup, ingame. Just before the game menu (wont let me acces)

I use CTR SaveDataFiler

Edited by CharlueChar

Just now, theSLAYER said:

Use Savedatafiler to delete secure value.

If you're using SaveDataFiler, you have to manually delete secure value upon every save import.

Then it'll be fixed?

How is that exactly done? (I just know the basic import export thing so I dont want to touch anything that could potentially corrupt the save file without knowing exactly what to do)

(And are SaveDataFiler and Savedatafiler two different programs...?)

1 minute ago, CharlueChar said:

Then it'll be fixed?

How is that exactly done? (I just know the basic import export thing so I dont want to touch anything that could potentially corrupt the save file without knowing exactly what to do)

(And are SaveDataFiler and Savedatafiler two different programs...?)

If I'm not mistaken, what you're using looks like this.

juaNhgK.jpg

You know how you hover/highlight the game you want and press Y to export data?
Basically do the same thing for your game, but press R shoulder button and X button together, and delete the secure value.

Secure Value is Nintendo's way of preventing people from backing up their SD card, and loading back a previous save.
As a result, this can also affect modified saves.

Secure Value is written to the 3DS's internal memory, which is why cloning SD card contents is also pointless,
in trying to do save reversion.

2 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

juaNhgK.jpg

Basically do the same thing for your game, but press R shoulder button and X button together, and delete the secure value.

Secure Value is Nintendo's way of preventing people from backing up their SD card, and loading back a previous save.

Secure Value is written to the 3DS's internal memory, which is why cloning SD card contents is also pointless,

Right! So the thing is, I delete that save value from the save that is in the 3ds and then it will work?

And, for the next times I do this, Should i delete that secure value just before reimporting the modified save file or just doing it once works?

5 minutes ago, theSLAYER said:

juaNhgK.jpg

2 minutes ago, CharlueChar said:

Right! So the thing is, I delete that save value from the save that is in the 3ds and then it will work?

And, for the next times I do this, Should i delete that secure value just before reimporting the modified save file or just doing it once works?

Jesus Christ it worked! Thank you so much for helping me with this, seriously!

You have to delete the secure value when you re-import.

Also, I'll recommend you to use something like JKSM instead.
It's much more user friendly, as it auto deletes the secure value for you, and sorts the games by name (as opposed to the game code).
Also, it allows you to name the folder of the save you're exporting, so easier to keep track of the saves you own.

As a step for the future, always make extra save backups before modification and re-importing, since anything can corrupt in the process line.

No worries!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, theSLAYER said:

You have to delete the secure value when you re-import.

Also, I'll recommend you to use something like JKSM instead.
It's much more user friendly, as it auto deletes the secure value for you, and sorts the games by name (as opposed to the game code).
Also, it allows you to name the folder of the save you're exporting, so easier to keep track of the saves you own.

As a step for the future, always make extra save backups before modification and re-importing, since anything can corrupt in the process line.

No worries!

I have it installed but I didnt use it mainly because I got used to CTR SDF and I didnt find UM on the titles list...

Then I realized just now it doesnt auto-update the title list and you have to manually do it so.. yeah Ill try to use it instead of SDF from now on

Aaand thank you again!

1 minute ago, CharlueChar said:

I have it installed but I didnt use it mainly because I got used to CTR SDF and I didnt find UM on the titles list...

Then I realized just now it doesnt auto-update the title list and you have to manually do it so.. yeah Ill try to use it instead of SDF from now on

Aaand thank you again!

yeah, whenever you install a game, you need to Refresh Titles!

• Like 1