Crystal Pokemon in Sun and Moon

Freezzard

I want to edit some Pokemon in Moon version to make them come from Pokemon Crystal, but only Gold and Silver are released on the eshop. I was wondering if making them come from Crystal will cause complications with the game? I don't want to risk testing it myself. I'm sorry if this isnt the place to ask this question. 

Well you can just set them as Gold, as it wouldn't make too much of a difference.

In generation 2, the parameter "origin game" does not exist as part of a PK2 file.

so the "origin game" referenced by Gen 7, is allocated upon transfer, from whichever game.

meaning, if you traded a Mewtwo (from let's say Pokemon Yellow) to Pokemkn Gold, then used PokeTransporter, in SM, it will say it's from Johto, and the data will be "Origin Game: Gold"

• Like 1

Oh yeah, basically I just want to set it to Crystal for nostalgia reasons, because I'm trying to recreate my team from Crystal when I was a child. Not much point to it since it would say it was from Johto anyway but I'm a perfectionist I guess lol. Thank you for the information, I wasn't aware of how the system exactly worked. I appreciate the help

• Like 1