Seel for LeafGreen ROM

jereellison

Hope this is the best place to post this.

I'm trying to get a Seel early in LeafGreen for my wife. We're playing with Retroarch through Retropie on our Raspberry Pi (if any of that matters).

I downloaded PKHeX, but Retroarch only has .srm files rather than .sav files. To that end, I got a converter for .srm to .sav files. It converted, but kept the size at 136KB, which I guess is too large/unsupported in PKHeX.

My wife as said she doesn't care anymore, and that I've tried my best (it's been a couple days of trying to figure it out). Anyways, I figured I'd give it one last shot here and see if anyone has any advice. If not, that's fine, and thanks anyways. :-)

8 minutes ago, jereellison said:

Hope this is the best place to post this.

I'm trying to get a Seel early in LeafGreen for my wife. We're playing with Retroarch through Retropie on our Raspberry Pi (if any of that matters).

I downloaded PKHeX, but Retroarch only has .srm files rather than .sav files. To that end, I got a converter for .srm to .sav files. It converted, but kept the size at 136KB, which I guess is too large/unsupported in PKHeX.

My wife as said she doesn't care anymore, and that I've tried my best (it's been a couple days of trying to figure it out). Anyways, I figured I'd give it one last shot here and see if anyone has any advice. If not, that's fine, and thanks anyways. :-)

I think VBA is able to deal with 136kb save files.

Use it to convert between 512 and 136.

Thanks. :-)

I was able to (somehow) get the file size down to where I could use PKHeX. I did that, switched the extension back to .srm, and the game started up fine and showed the Seel in her party.

Problem is, when she goes to look at the Seel's "Summary" screen, the game freezes. Not sure if that's a known issue of any sort, but we're packing right now to leave for the weekend. If anyone has advice, that's great, and I'll be able to check in a few days. If not, thanks anyways for the help so far.