Burlhouse

Hi. 

I've been using pkhex to edit Pokemon then using the web injection method for OR (3DS running 9.5.0-22U). Does this work in Sun and Moon? It's so simple and I'd rather not have to run CFW or homebrew etc. 

Edited by Burlhouse

There are no options outside of homebrew.

Your only options are to install CFW and use JKSM or something to backup/restore save files, or updating your 3DS to latest firmware, using a homebrew launcher entry point that works on 11.2 and extracting your save file through HBL.

Since you are on 9.5, you would really be better off getting CFW set up. You'll be glad you did, because you'll be able to update your firmware every time a required update is pushed out without really risking to lose access to homebrew, so you'll always be able to backup/restore save files.

3 hours ago, Burlhouse said:

Ok cheers for the info. Is homebrew different to custom firmware?

I've got another 3DS which is up to date which I'm playing Moon on. Can this one still get tje Homebrew? 

Think of Homebrew as a basic entry point with very very limited access and features,
and Custom Firmware is the holy grail everyone should aim to achieve.

To get started, follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/get-started

Choose your 3DS type in the guide, and follow it up to the point before downgrading.
You should have homebrew access at that point.

If you need options besides those offered in the guide, patiently wait for the release of the hax described in the first post of: