I can't use pokegen or pkhex with any of my pokemon roms...none of them work...help

apolo

Hello, i'm new in this forum and I need some help.

I've downloaded 4 pokemon roms a few days ago and I tried to use pokegen and pkhex to change my pokemon moves and none of them work... I've tried changing the ini line to uncompressed (SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed) , changing in the emulator the file save size to "flash 512kb" and nothing works.... in pokegen it actually opens the file but it says this error: "unable to determine the save file game. Select from the list below to force it to be treated as beeing from a particular game", even if i select the correct game and region it loads nothing....

with pkhex it's even worse because it loads nothing at all... only shows up this error:

Attempted to load an unsuported file type/size.

File Loaded:

G: \noozomer\NO$GBA_2.6a\BATTERY\3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version.SAV

File Size:

532848 bytes (0x82170)

any help please??

I use NO$GBA 2.6a. A few days ago I've downloaded WINDS PRO which comes with more versions of DS emulators including NoGBA2.8 and desmume and none of the worked with pokegen and pkhex and I uninstalled it

it's a problem of the ini? of the emulator? of my computer? or what?

my pc specs:

I7 4790 3.6 GHZ

RAM 16GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

GTX 960 2GB

apolo said:
Hello, i'm new in this forum and I need some help.

I've downloaded 4 pokemon roms a few days ago and I tried to use pokegen and pkhex to change my pokemon moves and none of them work... I've tried changing the ini line to uncompressed (SAV/SNA File Format == Uncompressed) , changing in the emulator the file save size to "flash 512kb" and nothing works.... in pokegen it actually opens the file but it says this error: "unable to determine the save file game. Select from the list below to force it to be treated as beeing from a particular game", even if i select the correct game and region it loads nothing....

with pkhex it's even worse because it loads nothing at all... only shows up this error:

Attempted to load an unsuported file type/size.

File Loaded:

G: \noozomer\NO$GBA_2.6a\BATTERY\3541 - Pokemon Platinum Version (US).SAV

File Size:

532848 bytes (0x82170)

any help please??

I use NO$GBA 2.6a. A few days ago I've downloaded WINDS PRO which comes with more versions of DS emulators including NoGBA2.8 and desmume and none of the worked with pokegen and pkhex and I uninstalled it

it's a problem of the ini? of the emulator? of my computer? or what?

my pc specs:

I7 4790 3.6 GHZ

RAM 16GB

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

GTX 960 2GB

For starters, please don't use no$ anymore. At least move on to Desmume or something.

(I couldn't even get past creating a character on Pokemon HG)

Also,

try using this to resize your save:

https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?2975-NDS-Save-File-Converter-v2-5-Updated-7-24-2011

Always back up your save data and stuff. Won't be responsible for anything that happens to your save!

What if you used "SAV/SNA File Format == Raw" instead of Uncompressed?

same result... pokegen opens the save but with this error:

unable to determine the save file game. Select from the list below to force it to be treated as beeing from a particular game

pkhex can't open the file at all

Edit: i found the problem!! it wasn't working because i typed RAW instead of Raw!!! now pokegen is working !!! thanks mate!!!

That being said, I think you really should use DeSmuME instead like Slayer recommended.

Newer versions with Dynamic Recompiler work better than ever even on lower-end computers, you don't really need amazing hardware to run it properly.