Question on the mechanics of catching Pokerus

shadowofdarkness

I'm looking for confirmation on if the initial infection requires you to actually attack or be attacked by the wild Pokemon. I think I read that it does.

I ask because after shiny hunting in the Friend Safari I noticed the last shiny Ivysaur I caught had Pokerus. The previous catch didn't though. Since I didn't have a full team the shiny did spend some time in my team after capture but since I was shiny hunting I immediately ran from anything that wasn't shiny, so I think it may of been the source of the Pokerus infection that spread through my team.

I would be curious if so to know the odds of finding a wild shiny Pokerus infected Pokemon.

It must be high to have both rare events on the same wild encounter. If Pokerus is 1/21,845 and the FS shiny was 7/4096 (NBA_Yoh's stated odds with the Shiny Charm)

Or could I of just caught it during a no touch encounter that I ran away from right away?

Extra fun fact I have previously caught Pokerus three times with such bad odds (gen 2 and two different gen 3 games) but I have never saw a full odds shiny and only started seeing them at the better odds of 1/1365