Question regarding database update

Odaxis

PKHeX uses the database from this thread to check events, yeah it's only updated every-so-often.

PKHeX allows you to expand its internal event database. Create a "wc6" folder in the same folder as PKHeX.exe, and it'll add them to the internal database when the program is launched. Alternatively, just take the zip from this thread and extract it to that folder :)

Regarding your post in another thread.

Can I assume that PKHeX will read all sub folders in that wc6 folder also?

Regarding your post in another thread.

Can I assume that PKHeX will read all sub folders in that wc6 folder also?

Yes. Grabs all the files inside the wc6 folder, even sub folders.

https://github.com/kwsch/PKHeX/blob/master/PKX/f1-Main.cs#L854-L858

if (Directory.Exists(WC6DatabasePath))
               wc6db.AddRange(from file in Directory.GetFiles(WC6DatabasePath, "*", SearchOption.AllDirectories)
                   let fi = new FileInfo(file)
                   where fi.Extension == ".wc6" && fi.Length == WC6.Size
                   select new WC6(File.ReadAllBytes(file)));

Yes. Grabs all the files inside the wc6 folder, even sub folders.

I see. I thought it actually updated the internal database. but it only seems to work while PKHeX.exe is in that location with the wc6 folder. once moved to another location it loses that legality information.

I see. I thought it actually updated the internal database. but it only seems to work while PKHeX.exe is in that location with the wc6 folder. once moved to another location it loses that legality information.

Right, the 'internal database' is a baked-in resource file, like sprites. Only way to update it is to recompile :)

The local folder allows you to expand the internal database for the current session.

Right, the 'internal database' is a baked-in resource file, like sprites. Only way to update it is to recompile :)

The local folder allows you to expand the internal database for the current session.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.