How safe is it to backup my save files?

Zeazevedo

Recently I was deleting and replaying my Extra Omega Ruby so I could get as many Celebis from the event as I could. Thing is, at one of the runs the save file got corrupted, even tho I did go to the home menu and finish the game app, wich I read is supposed to be the most safe way. This was the first time I lost a Pokémon Save file, and thank god it was right at the beggining.

The thing is, I have a "flawless" save file within all my versions, from the Original Ruby to Omega Ruby (Sapphire, Pearl, etc included). By "flawless" I mean with complete dex, complete region explored (picked all items), all the trainer stars, etc.

I worked really hard on these and made sure I kept it all Legit, and this corruption thing as got me worried.

I looked around and I have the necessary hardware to do the backups (DS Lite + Flashcart for GBA and DS games, Homebrew Launcher on my 2DS for the 3DS games).

So here's my question. Is it safe or do I risk loosing the saves on the process?

Also, does this leave some kind of "mark" on the save files? The idea is to create a folder containing all the versions backup, but If the worst does happen and I lose a file, will inserting that file into the cart leave different data on it (considering I will not in any way edit these).

Long story short, If I backup and than insert a save file (unedited/untouched) on a cartrige, will it be as it never got corrupted or backuped at all?

Appreciate the help and apologies if I have posted this on the wrong board.

It is good to know about the 3DS, cause If I am to backup the save file, that is exactly what I will use!

But regarding the DS cases, I meant backup my retail carts using a flashcart app I've read about.

So, at least safe for backing up 3DS ones, that's good, considering those have the biggest corruption problems.

What about the Save file data itself, does it get altered in any way?

Good to know.

As for the DS save game backup, I got that covered cause I have a Flashcart and EZ Flash 4, tested it on my extra Black and I can back up the saves no problem.

I'll make a backup folder of all the games since nothing is altered, that way I'll ease my mind if the worst should happen.

Thank you for the responses!

Nothing will be altered, don't Worry. I know that There is a save data manager for nds games on 3ds, But you need dream radar or poketransfer to use it :/

Whoa, since when?

Where do I find that?

Edit: I was actually able to find it, so if anyone else is looking for the same thing, look for TWLSaveTool.