Black&White 2 Grotto & Swarm tool 0.1

suloku

EDIT: this has been included in the following, more complete tool: https://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthread.php?48943-GEN-5-Generation-5-save-tool-entralink-medals-join-avenue-and-others-not-in-pokegen

BW2 Grotto & Swarm tool 0.1 by suloku '16

-------------------------------------

This is a simple tool that can edit the hidden grotto slots in a Pokémon Black and White 2 savegame. It can also change the gender of the pokémon in the grotto.

The hidden grotto slot tables are included, thanks to whoever made them in the first place.

It can also edit the current swarm of the day, but remember the savegame must be on that same day or the swarm will change upon loading the save.

Note: at this moment I'm not really sure if the "funfest" grotto slot is really used in funfest missions, I now think that the data is only used to determine the gender of the pokémon inside the grotto, but since it doesn't affect the functionality of the program, I'm releasing it in its current state.

----------------------------------------------------

Source available at https://github.com/suloku/BW2_grottoswarm

[ATTACH]12910[/ATTACH]

Hidden Grotto structure info

Hidden Hollow BW2

Structure:

The block at 0x23B00 contains rival data and hidden hollow information.

Hidden hollows start at 0xCC in that block. Each hollow takes 2 bytes (40 bytes in total),

and afterwards there's an additional byte containing the last hidden hollow visited, probably used

when the game is saved to know at which hollow the game saved (changing this in a save that saved at a hollow

will warp to that hollow).

When a hollow regenerates, both bytes for that hollow are randomly generated.

The first byte determines the content of the hollow:

- Group A slots range from 0x00 to 0x15

- Group B slots range from 0x20 to 0x35

- Group C slots range from 0x40 to 0x55

- Group D slots range from 0x60 to 0x75

- A hollow is marked as "used" when the last bit is set to 0 (0x06, 0x1A...)

The second byte is used to determine the gender of the pokemon in the hollow and

can range from 0x00 to 0x7F (at least, I haven't seen greater values).

The gender depends on the hollow and the pokemon female/male ratio for that hollow, see the code for more information.

To be confirmed if this second byte is used to determine the content of the hollows when

in a special funfest mission or in the Noisy/Quiet hidden hollow funfest mission.

Edited by suloku