1-10-06 Build: Some 4th gen abilities changing when transfering to 6th gen.

zero2exe

So I was reading a recent thread about transferring pokemon from HG/SS to XY/ORAS using TWL Save Tool + Save Manager. I used pokegen's latest available version to extract the .pkm files I was interested in and then started loading them into Pkhex to import them into my Alpha Sapphire save.

The issue came when I tried to import a certain Zapdos that appeared alright on pokegen but magically switched to it's hidden ability when trying to load it with Pkhex:

DrX4Uns.png

Then I decided to try using different pokemon figuring the pokemon itself could be the problem and got this with a different Zapdos from the same savefile and a Starmie:

vFT9WlH.png

PaBCqgE.png

So while the second zapdos did show up properly, starmie magically shifted its natural cure ability to illuminate in the process (probably because of ability slot though but it did not explain zapdos' case). At this time I decided to lend the save to a friend so he could try extracting the zapdos and see the results on his save. This is what he got:

B57slpE.png

Zapdos showed perfectly fine for him so after asking some questions it turns he's using a very old build of Pkhex which seems to work, 8-8-2015 to be precise which he sent me back to test it and finally got this:

u77uVYU.png

PJrRRyW.png

For the images above they go: Pokegen -> PkHex latest build -> PkHex my friend's older build

So for some reason the problematic pokemon show up fine in the older build but don't in the latest release which is why I decided to report it.

PS: I can also PM the save if needed/requested for testing purposes

Edited by zero2exe

Fixed in latest commit; thanks for reporting and being super detailed!

12/22/15 and previous versions are safe to use for importing; I had since rewritten the import code to be easier to maintain/reuse.

The next release should be posted in the next couple of days; a lot of things have been added/improved in the past month :)