Decrypt Pokemon X save game from Gateway dump or inject it back into the original cartridge?

shawly

Hello guys,

ten months ago I got my Gateway, since I wanted all my games on my Gateway SD card, I dumped them, including Pokemon X.

I don't know why I did this, I've probably lost some brain cells back then, but I wiped my original Pokemon X cart, so the save game is gone.

The problem is, since my 2DS is 8.1, the save game was encrypted with the new method and I couldn't play the dump with my Gateway since it said the save game is corrupted, because of the encryption.

Because of that I also couldn't extract the save via SaveDataFiler, I got the CTR Broken message like this guy: https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-can-i-decrypt-my-retail-pokemon-x-save-for-use-on-gateway.378557/

Back then there was no possible fix for this so I gave up, but now it seems there has been some progress in this scene, so I wanted to ask the experts here.

The only thing I can do is extract the save via cart2sav, but since the .sav file is still encrypted I need to decrypt it first, so is there a way I can decrypt it? Or somehow inject the save game back into the cartridge?

Powersaves is not an option, because I need the save game on the original cart (right?), but since I wiped the original cart the save is gone... I only have the backed up Gateway dump with the save game.

Because your sysnand is greater than 6 or 7, Gateway should run games using the proper encryption (this is only a problem if you're on sysnand 4.5, regardless of emunand). If your save is usable on the legit cart itself, you can use RxTools or CakesFW or something to run savedatafiler to extract the save from your cart. If the same isn't usable anywhere on the legit cart, then I don't think there's anything that can be done.

Well the savegame was fine on the legit card back then, I dumped the legit card, the dump is fine but the savegame of this dump doesn't work.

And like I said the legit cart is wiped I can't extract the save anymore. I only have the dump, which is not broken.

Edit:http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/286557-Dumping-Saves-from-CARD2-games-seems-broken-for-Gateway-3-0?p=1731496#post1731496

This is exactly my problem, the save was used with a new encryption (dunno which one it is when I played on 8.1.0) and therefore my save isn't compatible, so I have to start a new game and the problem is I can't extract the save with SDF until I started the new game, with my old save it says CTR Broken. And since I wiped my legit cart, I can't extract my save game cause it's gone.