A few questions about the R4 and similar devices

Darkrai204

If this is in the wrong place, or isn't allowed, sorry, I'm new.

So, I'm kinda considering getting an R4 or similar device. However I have a few questions:

Can they play GBA ROMs?

Which one do you suggest me getting?

Are there any that work for the DSi?

What's the average price of one?

Where can you buy them?

Thanks,

Darkrai204

Can they play GBA ROMs?

Well no 1st slot Flash Cart is able to run GBA games, you must purchase a 2nd slot Flash Cart to be able to play games.

Which one do you suggest me getting?

Well it depends if you wanna connect your Pokemon to Pokemon Battle Revolution, and all future DS games that can connect with the Wii. I recommend the CycloDS Evolution, it's arguably the best Flash Cart, although there is a catch. It is the most expensive Flash Cart. While on the other hand if you don't mind not being able to connect to all Wii games with your DS, grab the M3 Real. It's more cheaper, and you can use the ever so smooth, and beautiful M3 Sakura Firmware.

I don't know what currency your using. But here in New Zealand, your able to buy it at around $89 - $70, well it's that much because New Zealand's economy sucks, lol.:tongue:

Are there any that work for the DSi?

Yes quite a few but the one i suggest is the M3i Zero, you're able to purchase one for around $30. Although if you have updated your DSi into 4.1 i think. it won't work. But eventually the M3 team will release a update to bypass the firmware.

Where can you buy them?

Um, you are only able to purchase them from online sites, like the following:

>>> http://dealextreme.com <<<

>>> http://gamebygame.com <<<

Dealextreme has much more cheaper prices, so i prefer that one.

Anyway that's about it. If you have any further questions just PM, or create a thread.:biggrin:

Don't get an R4 since they're out of production and no more firmware is forthcoming, so it's not really compatible with some newer games without cheat codes that allow it to work. I believe that the M3 is made by the same company (correct me if I'm wrong) and they're continuing production on that line of hardware. Also, beware because copies of flashcards are prevalent.

Don't get an R4 since they're out of production and no more firmware is forthcoming, so it's not really compatible with some newer games without cheat codes that allow it to work. I believe that the M3 is made by the same company (correct me if I'm wrong) and they're continuing production on that line of hardware. Also, beware because copies of flashcards are prevalent.

Well the R4 isn't as bad as most people think, i tried out my friends R4 sure some games don't work, then i installed R4Ysauto, and everything is compatible. I haven't come across any game that doesn't work excluding that Star Wars game.

Even though, avoid purchasing a R4. It's very VERY difficult to purchase a genuine batch, which would actually run well.

Well the R4 isn't as bad as most people think, i tried out my friends R4 sure some games don't work, then i installed R4Ysauto, and everything is compatible. I haven't come across any game that doesn't work excluding that Star Wars game.

Even though, avoid purchasing a R4. It's very VERY difficult to purchase a genuine batch, which would actually run well.

I only said R4 because they were the only ones I was familiar with. Anyway, I'm getting the M3i, It does everything I want, it's cheap, and I haven't upgraded my DSi firmware yet, so I'm all good.