Eon Ticket wc findings

BPSpike

Upon reading some things about this wondercard, I did a flag diff with a ramsav before actually receiving it in game, and a posterior one.

EDIT: Of course, this is assuming the save never received it via streetpass, in which case you can't receive the wondercard, at least not normally.

Before receiving the wondercard and without other gifts waiting to be picked up, flag 0835 is set.

After receiving the wondercard or with other gifts available for pickup, flag 0835 is unset and the gift lady will be present in the pokecenter.

Now, after actually receiving the Eon Ticket itself, the game sets the flag 2914, after the dialogue with the ticket lady in which she directs you to Norman.

Also, I tried injecting the wondercard on a new/restarted game, and that actually worked... when I was under the impression it wouldn't (from this post: http://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonQRCodes/comments/2xixcc/2_important_announcements/cp0nx0w ). But I only tried it with an unused wondercard I ripped from the last weekend's distro, outta my own games.

(edit: Apparently that's related to the WC web injector, disregard.)

Another thing is, the game never flags the wondercard as received (but it does set its used flag), even after picking the gift up from the ticket lady. I know Kaphotics fixed some bug regarding that with PKHeX, but I'm not sure if it should show or not after properly receiving the event item.

When you receive the eon ticket naturally, another part of the save file is modified to store a magic value (affectionately called 'herpesval' by PKHeX's source code, as it is transmitted from an infected user to another, making them an infected host). By viewing the source code, you can see what changes are being made.

Oh, interesting, gonna check that out in the github now, then.

Regarding that last thing in my previous post, the game is supposed to avoid adding the wondercard to the received list even upon natural reception since the hidden part kinda takes care of that, right?