Checksums in PKHex and save corruption

Eirikr

In PkHex under the SAV tab there is an integrity check option. Out of curiosity, on my first go using PKHEX and RAM2Sav I ran a check on my newly extracted Alpha Sapphire save. To my astonishment, this is what appeared:

Invalid: 03 @ region 06600

Invalid: 04 @ region 06800

Invalid: 13 @ region 19E00

Invalid: 28 @ region 21800

Invalid: 2C @ region 24800

Invalid: 2E @ region 25600

Invalid: 32 @ region 27200

Invalid: 38 @ region 38400

1st SAV: 50/58

Why does this appear? Why do I get 50/58 and 8 invalid regions? I have never messed with my save. I assume it means there are some errors in the hash sums? Would this have been caused by faulty coding during the extraction process?

Someone please explain this to me. I'm afraid this might be harmful and cause save to corrupt and be unreadable.

Duplicate thread for information.

The Checksum Button for ramsav's will be disabled in future releases.

The game stores portions of the save file in the RAM, and stores the checksum block at the start of the game. During gameplay, certain sections of the save may be updated, but the checksums will not be updated until the game is saved. Ripping out save chunks does not fix the checksums either, so any updated block will be 'invalid'; again, it was valid until the game changed it, and the game will then reapply the checksum when saving the game.

No issue here.