Question to the researchers about pokerus

Dreamer

Hello PP.org,

I've been trying to get pokerus legitimately in my 6th Gen games and I'd like to ask a few questions:

- Does battling in Hordes instead of Single Battles increase my chances of getting the virus? I assume it does since you're fighting 5 pokes, instead of 1, but confirmation would be nice.

- The bulbapedia page [http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok%C3%A9rus] states that the virus can be generated on bred pokemon. Does that mean that as soon as you get the egg from tha DayCare Couple it will be infected, or do you have to hatch the egg first?

- The page also states:"A Pokémon's chances of being infected with the virus somewhat increase when a Pokémon has been traded from another game". Does that mean that if I have a party of traded pokemon it' going to be easier to get the virus?

- Can gift pokemon be infected with the virus? For example if I am soft-reseting for the fossil pokemon in Rustboro, do I have the chance to get an infected pokemon eventually?

Eggs can get infected, but not as soon as you get them, only through contamination from fellow pokemon in the party. I really can't remember if I caught it in Gen VI, because I simply brought it over from Gen IV. One Saturday night, my Luxray in Platinum battled a wild pokemon for training. It was late and I was tired, getting a small shock to the system when reading the PC nurse's description of Pokerus. It was off to the races from there. I caught it there with no traded pokemon, and by the time I noticed the same nurse message in Omega Ruby, I think I had one with Pokerus in the party. I think, I can't remember, Synchronizing Natu migrated from Gen III, don't think they got exposed.

I don't think it's changed since Gen IV, the chances are very low, and can come out of nowhere.

As far as I'm aware, Pokerus is generated randomly.

Horde battles do increase the chances of getting pokerus. In my pokemon Y game, my starter pokemon was infected outside the daycare after 12 horde battles, whereas in pokemon white2, it took me almost to the end of the game, by the time I got Victory Road, for my pokemon to be infected with it.

Eggs can be infected with Pokerus so that when they hatch the pokemon will have the virus.

As for trading, I'm not 100% sure. Maybe if the pokemon comes from an old game, like FireRed or something, the chances may be increased slightly.

Fossil pokemon can't be revived with the virus as far as I'm aware. I've never heard of a fossil pokemon being revived and being infected at the same time.

Again, cross-contamination from party pokemon would pass the virus to gift pokemon.

Generally speaking though, Pokerus is a completely random event. You should check the GTS, someone there will be offering a pokemon with Pokerus, or even random wondertrades. I have sent out baby pokemon infected with the virus.